Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cougar54
Reel Rookie

Roku WOL Program Causing Autoshutdown Failure

I have a strange issue. Both my NAS servers run on Openmediavault 7.0 which is running in Linux Debian 12. When I use the WOL app on the Roku to wake up either of the two servers, the autoshutdown program runs though all it's checks and issues the shutdown command (when appropriate) but the servers don't shutdown. If I start the servers using WOL from a computer, the shutdown program works as intended.

I can't figure out what in Roku WOL app would not allow a shutdown or is keeping it awake. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku WOL Program Causing Autoshutdown Failure

Does the output of dmsg or logread show anything interesting?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Cougar54
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku WOL Program Causing Autoshutdown Failure

Sorry it took me awhile to respond but I have been out of town. I am not sure what you are asking me to look at when you ask if I have looked at dmsg or logread. Are these Linux system log files that I can look at? I see a linux command dmesg but I have never used it. Can you help me out and explain what I need to do? I am obviously not a Linux expert. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.