Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
penguinsoda
Binge Watcher

Re: Will not launch channels

Jump to solution

Factory reset factory reset... yeah it might fix it (or it might not, haven't tried it yet), but why is it we have to go to that level ourselves to fix something they broke. And why, almost a week later NO ONE FROM ROKU has actually addressed this issue or given any guidance? All I've seen from them is "give us the info and well work on it and let you know when we have an answer." Obviously, they fixed it with the most recent software build but has anyone from Roku actual come in here to tell any of us that? Has anyone from Roku come in here or reached out to us and said, sorry for the delay but we fixed it but you'll have to do a factory reset to get the latest fixed update? No, just us little consumers running around in here trying to help each other without getting paid for the tech assistance we are giving and telling each other to do the factory reset but nothing from Roku itself. They figure if they quietly fix it and we get so frustrated and finally reset the device they can just sweep it all under the carpet like it never happened. 

skindnef
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Completely agree. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: After last update, will not load any channels

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing problems with any or all apps not loading, it is likely from a failed automatic update. Customers have reported doing the following to resolve their issue: 

• Go to Settings > System > System update > Check Now
  • The device should then proceed to hang/freeze and reboot. Immediately do the above again, and the update should apply. After it finishes, back out once then: Settings > System > Power > System restart
  • The device should do the long restart with red screen then go to your Home screen. You should then be able to load and watch channels as usual.

If you are still experiencing an issue, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your Roku device. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Martlez
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My problem finally fixed itself after multiple system restarts, unplugging, removing my network connection on my Roku and then tried Ethernet then WiFi again. Nothing worked and decided to spend my time doing something more important. 

I eventually gave up for a day or two and everything is now working as should.  Still on the same 15.0.0 software update that seemed to cause the initial problem  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Doesn’t make sense, but hope that helps. I nearly factory reset my device 

Martlez
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@nsweaney wrote:

Mine randomly started working today again too. The update time still hasn't changed, so it's not another system update. The only thing I can imagine is that there's some value that got corrupted during the update process and the cache had to time out. But if you're thinking about doing the factory reset, you might wait another day or two. 

Same here for me on my TCL Roku TV.  Tried every troubleshooting option I could think of after the 10.0.0 update (build 4195) broke it.  Waited a few days and it suddenly began loading and working properly again on same 10.0.0 software. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   No idea what’s going on with Roku

AnnaB
Reel Rookie

ALL channels including Roku are not loading; saying delete channels; worked fine this morning.

Jump to solution

No channels are loading, not even the Roku channel and pay channels. When I try to use a channel I get the "Cannot load; not enough memory; delete some channels" message. I tried deleting channels; no change. When a channel tries to load the percentage tracker never gets past 0% on all channels including the Roku channel. As recommended by Roku I rebooted, restarted and updated my Roku box and modem; no change. What should I do now? Smiley Frustrated Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Cakers74

Re: TCL TV won’t load apps. Just shows word”loading”

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. A few of the apps work but most just scroll as if they’re loading and then go straight back to Home Screen. I have 2 Roku TVs (one TCL and one Westinghouse). Both are doing the same thing. Super frustrating. And this doesn’t “qualify” for support but I think it’s something caused by the recent update. I have no idea what to do next. I can use the apps on my phone, but when I start to stream to the TV it shuts down again. And I don’t want to watch TV from my phone all the time. Extremely frustrating, to say the least. 

penguinsoda
Binge Watcher

Re: After last update, will not load any channels

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing problems with any or all apps not loading, it is likely from a failed automatic update. Customers have reported doing the following to resolve their issue: 

• Go to Settings > System > System update > Check Now
  • The device should then proceed to hang/freeze and reboot. Immediately do the above again, and the update should apply. After it finishes, back out once then: Settings > System > Power > System restart
  • The device should do the long restart with red screen then go to your Home screen. You should then be able to load and watch channels as usual.

If you are still experiencing an issue, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your Roku device. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Finally.... this worked. There was one show on Hulu that for some reason didn't have audio but that might be a temporary glitch because everything else worked. Thanks for the solution, just wish it hadn't taken so many days to finally get some answers. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: ALL channels including Roku are not loading; saying delete channels; worked fine this morning.

Jump to solution

Hey @AnnaB

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're running into. 

Could you provide us the OS version of the affected Roku device? It can be found by navigating to Settings > System > About. Please also let us know if you have tried performing a factory reset on your Roku. 

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
MrBluePlaydoh
Streaming Star

Re: Roku keeps closing apps

Jump to solution

Just Google searched this issue as I have this with an old ROKU 2 box.

it isn’t my internet as I had twitch Tv on my pc screen working perfect and my plex open on the Roku don’t even have to be playing any thing and it will restart! Is this going to get fixed or do I have to abandon Roku and use an alternative?