Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cschurg

644 deal zone cutting out

The last several weeks our deal zone history channel 644 on live tv keeps cutting out to a black screen. It’s the only channel that does it that we have noticed. We have checked our connection and is excellent. We also checked for updates and restarted the system. It seems to be a channel problem. Can anyone confirm or not? This is the Roku built into a new TCL tv. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
JEFITZ1
Reel Rookie

Re: 644 deal zone cutting out

It's doing that right now on my TV.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @JEFITZ1

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
JEFITZ1
Reel Rookie

It is working today.  Yesterday it was the ROKU channel and specifically only Deal Zone on the ROKU channel.  I tried restarting the TV no help.  I'm not about to do a system reset over one program on ROKU channel.   I have never had this happen before and am a 1 year ROKU user. It happened on a ROKU TV.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@JEFITZ1, a "System restart" is completely harmless.  It's no different then unplugging the power for a few seconds and plugging it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JEFITZ1
Reel Rookie

You are right.  I confused that with "factory reset".  My mistake.

0 Kudos