Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MsBatty

Roku Channel on Roku player, Autoplay cuts off last minutes of Murdoch Mysteries

I don't mind the commercials; I am getting a ton of free content and appreciate the value of that. I love this particular show and it is a murder mystery that as all do, tends to save their biggest moments for the very last few moments of the episode. 

But it consistently jumps ahead to the next episode at the denouement and reveal. I can deal with missing credits, but missing fully ending of the show makes it difficult to watch and enjoy. Investing in a story arc that you literally cannot see the ending to because it's just going to cut off to jump to the next episode before the conclusion.

I understand there is no setting to disable autoplay on the Roku channel itself, but is there a way to change the setting to allow the episode to fully conclude before it does so? A timer or something?

I appreciate any time or feedback offered, thank you.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Channel on Roku player, Autoplay cuts off last minutes of Murdoch Mysteries

Welcome to the Roku Community, @MsBatty!

We appreciate you reaching out for support and we'd be happy to help you find the best resolution possible. 

We completely understand how important it is to see the very end of the movie, especially for this kind of show. You can actually disable the autoplay feature on your Roku device under Settings > Accessibility > Auto-play video > Off.

Roku will make your auto-play preference available to third-party apps, but some apps may have their own auto-play setting. If you are in an app and videos still automatically start playing as you navigate, check the app you're in to see whether it has a setting to control auto-play videos.

Here's the support article for reference: How to change the auto-play video setting on your Roku streaming device

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.