Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AZsfAdmin
Reel Rookie

Annoying Sushi Master commercial

For Pete's sake please please stop these horrible Morimoto's Sushi Master commercials. I can't stand to hear that host say "funnnamentals" anymore! If you have an Asian host, have one that can annunciate and speak English properly for TV. I'm Korean but speak clear English as I was raised in the US and this is like nails on a chalkboard to me when I hear Asians that are not pronouncing words correctly. It's annoying and embarrassing.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Annoying Sushi Master commercial

Many of the commercials you see are inserted by the channel originators, not Roku.  What channel are you viewing when seeing this commercial?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Bhan1956

While I like many of the programs offered by ROKU, the continuous playing of the same commercials over and over again is highly annoying.  Does ROKU not have a marketing salesperson to have a variety of different commercials instead of always the same ones?  I have to use the mute function to keep from throwing something at my TV but it may be best to switch to another streaming service if the torture commercial programming persists.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bhan1956,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention about ads on Roku devices here in the Roku Community!
We would be more than happy to look further into this issue. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? When did you notice the issue occur?
Have you tried restarting your Roku device to see if it helps? We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.
Keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RichardJ
Reel Rookie

Why must Roku blast the volume on the commercial for sushi master? It's so loud screaming follow your dreams. Sometimes it's low volume. My surround sound it shakes my living room. Please mellow loud commercials.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RichardJ,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having. May we know what specific channel you are seeing these commercials or ads on?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RichardJ
Reel Rookie

Every channel. UFO cowboys commercial same way. So annoying loud.

0 Kudos
mandodando

I just have a 32” tv in my home office and when I have it on and that annoying guy tells “FOLLOW YOUR DREAM” it near shatters my work computer screens. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mandodando,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention about ads on Roku devices.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? When did you notice the issue occur?

Have you tried restarting your Roku device to see if it helps? We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SLUIS717

The " FOLLOW YOUR DREAM" makes me want to smash my TV, please can I somehow stop this ad from coming on my TV?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.