Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 24p not working on Netflix properly - STUTTERING.

@whiteswan1231 Netflix framerate is still locked at 60 Hz, regardless of the framerate setting under Advanced Display Settings. I don't know if it's Roku or Netflix that's responsible, but that's the way it is still. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
whiteswan1231
Channel Surfer

i honestly thought this would be fixed by now.........can anyone else with a 4k dolby vision tv  try that scene in top boy season 2 i mentioned earlier please and let me know if you get the same.

Dave

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@whiteswan1231 

I highly recommend you try #4:

"4) Disable "Real Cinema" in your C1 settings:  Settings/Picture/Picture Mode Settings/Picture Options/True Motion/Custom De-Judder = 0 , De-Blur = 0 (Enabling True Motion disables Real Cinema, and setting Custom with both to 0 disables TrueMotion - this is necessary for some picture modes like DV which do not allow disabling of Real Cinema)"

0 Kudos
whiteswan1231
Channel Surfer

Hi - can somebody try the scene mentioned please for me ?

Dave

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@whiteswan1231 

Did you try #4 yet?

0 Kudos
rileybrok
Reel Rookie

Did you run a check connection test on your Roku? Or should I send a blog Post for this?

0 Kudos
Toneb210

Yeah netflix 24fps doesn't work on roku. And I also get the same problem you describe. Interestingly enough I have the same tv. 77 lg c1. However I know the roku is the issue because I can stream netflix 24 fps content from my ps5 with no issues. I don't care for dolby vision. I prefer hdr, So I'm sticking with ps5 as my streaming player for now. The only player I know of that handles frame rate correctly is Apple 4k. But I also don't like Apple. Lol. Maybe nvidia shield is better...

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

The Netflix channel on Roku devices has been locked at 60fps for years. I don't know if that was a Roku or Netflix decision, but probably Netflix. They received tons of complaints about the screen flashing/going dark when the video preview began playing. This was because the player was switching from 60 to 24fps, and it happened again when the video stopped. So there was constant refresh rate switching while people were browsing through the titles. Instead of letting people disable the auto-play feature, they locked the app at 60fps. I don't subscribe to Netflix anymore, but I hear the video preview can finally be disabled from the web interface(not within the Roku app itself). I know people have been asking for Netflix to support refresh rate switching again, but so far it's still locked at 60. Since I don't use Netflix, I can't say of the Shield is locked as well. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.