Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csetera
Channel Surfer

Hulu Streaming Failures require restart on TCL TV

I have two TCL Roku TVs in my house, a 32S325 and a 55S435.  I regularly have issues where Hulu streaming will stop with an error code on the 55S435.  At that point, I need to reboot the TV and then streaming works just fine.  This does not happen on the 32S325, so I do not believe that this is networking related.  My theory is that this is some kind of memory leak issue and it happens on the 55S435 because it is a 4K TV.  Is anyone aware of an issue like this?  Is there anything I can do to avoid this happening?  For what it's worth I did work with TCL support including a complete factory reset, however that did not work and they suggested I come here.

Thanks,
Craig

Screenshot

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Re: Hulu Streaming Failures require restart on TCL TV

That’s not a Roku issue. It’s an issue with the Hulu servers. 

https://downdetector.com/status/hulu/

0 Kudos
csetera
Channel Surfer

This happens randomly and only impacts one of the two TVs.  That doesn't seem to point to the servers to me?

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

It is. The link I posted proves it. Also Roku does not make the Hulu channel. Hulu does. It’s probably a temporary thing 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @csetera

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on Hulu or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
csetera
Channel Surfer

I see similar behavior in HBO Max, although seems slightly less frequent.  As I mentioned above, I did a complete factory reset and reconfigured everything.  That didn't seem to help unfortunately.

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

@cseteraThat cause it’s not a Roku issue. Roku has nothing to do with it cause they don’t even develop the channel. A Google search of the error code will tell you 

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-hulu-error-code-p-dev320-4842573

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@csetera

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Have you already tried removing the channel, restarting the Roku device, and adding the channel back again to see if the issue is resolved? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What is happening on screen when you see this issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
csetera
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R - Per my previous communications, I've tried all of the standard restarts and reinstalls and the problem had kept recurring.  However, I haven't see this issue again lately, so I'm hopeful it has resolved itself.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@csetera  This isn’t a Roku issue. When this happens go to Downdetector and check the status of Hulu. As you can see already they have down issues a lot.

https://downdetector.com/status/hulu/

0 Kudos