Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bre4au

Commericals. In Spanish on Roku TV

I'm getting annoyed with these commercials in Spanish, makes me want to stop watching,  we don't speak Spanish and shouldn't have to listen to Spanish in commericals.

14 REPLIES 14
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Commericals. In Spanish on Roku TV

@Bre4au 

You never said what app you were using that had content with Spanish language commercials. Was it YouTube TV? FreeVee? Pluto TV? Xumo? Fawesome TV? Stirr? Hulu? Hulu+Live TV? DirecTV Stream? Sling TV? Frndly TV? FilmRise? One of the other thousands of apps?

That information might be helpful in offering suggestions on how to resolve.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

andyross
Roku Guru

In the Roku settings, under Audio, is a setting for preferred streaming language. Just verify it is set to English. For some reason, on one of my Roku's, it was set to Norwegian!

0 Kudos

I feel the same way! My family and I DO NOT SPEAK SPANISH, thus DO NOT WANT TO HAVE SPANISH ADS! Feels as an insult and really stigmatized and profiling, just because our last name is of Hispanic descent. The ads are coming through EVERY CHANNEL, YouTube, Pluto, The ROKU Channel, EVERY SINGLE APP SHOWS ADS IN SPANISH! I have reset the settings, ensure language was set to English, as well as EVERY suggestion on the web.... NOTHING WORKS!

Hannah-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi @RickyNC2000! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll be reaching out to you privately here on the Community to gather more details. Please keep an eye on your inbox, we'll be in touch soon! 

0 Kudos
Bydesignmn

I’m watching Colombo on the Roku channel. Commercials in Spanish and no written dialog on the screen in English. I don’t like it one bit.

donna_bartlett
Reel Rookie

I do NOT want to listen to commercials that do not have English as the language. At least put English translation at the bottom. English is our native language in the United States. There are literally hundreds of languages in the United States so why is roku channel only putting Spanish commercials in there with the English commercials

Michelle3
Roku Guru

@donna_bartlett wrote:

I do NOT want to listen to commercials that do not have English as the language. At least put English translation at the bottom. English is our native language in the United States. There are literally hundreds of languages in the United States so why is roku channel only putting Spanish commercials in there with the English commercials

You would probably need to check the language settings on either the specific app you are on or your Roku device itself.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
donna_bartlett
Reel Rookie

I completely agree!!!!!

donna_bartlett
Reel Rookie

Jordan that would not change the content of what roku is allowing in their channel

0 Kudos