Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
I'm currently unable to play any VOD titles in the Roku Channel on any of my Roku devices or through the Roku app on my Android phone. Live TV streams play just fine, as does VOD content from every other channel. If I disconnect from my home network, I can play the VOD titles over my mobile connection or a neighbor's wifi (not a long-term solution), so I'm sure that it's something related to my network. However, I have not been able to find any logs or useful error messages to help me figure out what I may need to adjust, so I am reaching out here for help.
* CANNOT play Roku Channel VOD titles on my local network on device or in app
* CAN play Roku Channel live content on my local network
* CAN play Roku Channel content (VOD and live) on other networks (mobile, neighbor's wifi)
* CAN play Roku Channel VOD (and live) content through Chrome browser on Android phone and desktop PC.
* CAN play VOD content from all my other channels on local network
Steps I have tried, all unsuccessfully:
* Uninatall, reboot, reinstall the Roku Channel (on devices and phone)
* Different TV, cables, and power outlets
* Reboot of modem, router, and AP
* Factory reset of modem, router, and AP
* Playing different VOD titles
* Playing titles while not logged in to my Roku account
* Updating to the latest firmware
* Factory reset of Roku
* Putting the player in the DMZ of my router
* Chat with Roku support agent who did not reconnect with me after having me do something that would disconnect the chat, despite saying it would happen
* Roku 2, 4210X. v9.4.0:4210. Wired connection.
* Roku 3, 4200X. v10.0.0:4185. Wireless connection, 2.4GHz band.
* Roku Ultra, 4660X, v9.4.0:4210. Wireless connection, 5GHz band.
Oops, forgot to include what is meant by "cannot play."
* Roku hardware: Hitting play blanks the screen for part of a second before returning to the screen that was just being displayed
* Android app: Hitting play results in a generic error message, "Something went wrong during playback, please try again later," and then returning to the same screen when the error message is acknowledged
Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are seeing.
We would like to gather some information so we
can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-can you provide specific titles of the content that you are experiencing this issue
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Once we have this information we will be able to look further into the issue for you.