Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sierradane
Binge Watcher

BritBox suddenly says 'Not available in my country', but I'm based in the US

Jump to solution

I was watching BritBox on Roku and it suddenly stopped working.  When I tried to load it again, it had logged me out.  I entered my password then I got the message that BritBox is not currently available in your country.  I live in the USA.  It was available an hour ago, and last year and the year before that.  I can load BritBox on my computer, just not on Roku.  I removed BritBox, updated Roku, added BritBox back and it still won't work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sierradane
Binge Watcher

Re: BritBox now says "Not available in my country"

Jump to solution

BritBox just sent me this message:

I highly appreciate your patience on this. BritBox is currently experiencing a service disruption. When signing in, searching or playing shows, you'll see an error message or unexpected behavior, such as being signed out. We're working as fast as we can to restore your service, and we're sorry for the interruption. As of the moment, we have already noted some concerns that does have the same issue. We are already partnering with our technical team and we will get back to you the soonest. We are already working on with the team regarding the issue and we will send you an email correspondence once the issue is resolved. Thank you for reaching our and I hope we have it sorted out the soonest. Stay safe and take care always.

View solution in original post

86 REPLIES 86

Jump to solution

Yes, we just had the same experience. Was watching - few minutes later received the same message as you. My subscription is not canceled or finished. Not sure what is really going on. Also tried same things as you for a fix. No success 

lisa1981

Jump to solution

YES!! I'm having the same issue as well. We thought it might be internet related, so we tried unplugging and restarting the internet, but nothing. I hope this is just a bug, and they're not taking Britbox off, cause it's one of our favorites!! 

Dawn1220

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem in the US; so frustrated right now!!

Jump to solution

I got the same message.  What's up?  I love BritBox!!! Roku, please respond.  

JwgWv

Jump to solution

Yes, I am having same problem. I deleted the app and reinstalled it with the same message that it was not available in my country-USA.

sandra5

Jump to solution

Same thing here , was watching yesterday today says not available in your country I am in the USA

Tansyleaf

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem!

SW6

Jump to solution

Same issue here with Brit box. The chat help was useless!!!SW

ws03

Jump to solution

We are watching two shows on Britbox and now the message, "Britbox is not available in your country."  I sure hope this is some type of error....very frustrating!