Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaquith
Binge Watcher

Re: Apple TV channel - Login Failure

Jump to solution
Did you have 2FA (two factor authentication) requirement on your Apple ID? If so did the Apple App on your Android provide the 6-digit authentication?
0 Kudos
Sputs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don't think I have ....all I did was sign in on the Apple music app ....Apple ID and password...it did ask me to confirm my 3 number pin on my bank card that was all I did ....I then went back to my Roku stick clicked on sign in on this device and it worked ....sorry if that's not much help ....it's been a bit of a confusing experience for me too lol 

0 Kudos
Morac
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'll mention that I had no problems signing in on a Premiere+ 4630 with a SD card inserted.

0 Kudos
Jaquith
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
The presence of an SD card probably is not the issue, but if the Apple TV application is installed on the SD card then that becomes the issue. I have about 100+ Apps installed, and I was getting constant recommendations from Roku to get an SD card .. so we did.
0 Kudos
EJ
Reel Rookie

I'm unable to sign in to Apple TV on my new Roku Smart TV

Jump to solution

[post merged with already existing thread]

I just bought a JVC Roku TV. When I attempt to sign in to the Apple TV app, if I select "sign in with mobile app" I immediately get a "Verification Failed" error message, with no code generated. When I attempt to sign in with my username and password on the tv, the screen stays on the "signing in" screen, literally for hours. Yesterday, I left it there, left the house, came back later and it was still spinning on "signing in". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I have reset the app. I have turned the tv off and on. I even tried creating a new user id, but I get the exact same error as the mobile sign-in. It doesn't let me create anything, just immediately "verification failed". I really don't think this Roku version of the app is connecting with Apples authentication system. The software version of my Roku is Model: 7811X, Software version: 9.1.2.4067. Was anyone ever able to solve this? Apple TV works on my other Devices (laptop & iPad).

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I'm unable to sign in to Apple TV on my new Roku Smart TV

Jump to solution

@EJ wrote:

I just bought a JVC Roku TV. When I attempt to sign in to the Apple TV app, if I select "sign in with mobile app" I immediately get a "Verification Failed" error message, with no code generated. When I attempt to sign in with my username and password on the tv, the screen stays on the "signing in" screen, literally for hours. Yesterday, I left it there, left the house, came back later and it was still spinning on "signing in". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I have reset the app. I have turned the tv off and on. I even tried creating a new user id, but I get the exact same error as the mobile sign-in. It doesn't let me create anything, just immediately "verification failed". I really don't think this Roku version of the app is connecting with Apples authentication system. The software version of my Roku is Model: 7811X, Software version: 9.1.2.4067. Was anyone ever able to solve this? Apple TV works on my other Devices (laptop & iPad).

When you uninstalled the channel, did you reboot the TV (not power off, but actually reboot/reset)? If not, it did not successfully uninstall. Either pull the power cord for 30 seconds, or use the System Restart function in the Settings menu.

It does work, as I have logged into the channel on three if my Roku devices successfully. But yes, some people have experienced login issues. If you have 2 factor authentication enabled on your iTunes account, it will be sending a code to one of your devices, or you can request a text message with the code. It doesn't sound like you've made it that far yet, though.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
specwarx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue, and did uninstall the Apple TV app, and did a full reboot/restart of the TV after the uninstall and then re-installed the application.

I continue to experience the same issue. 

The Model is compatible, (7137x), it is not using an SD card, it pulls in content so it’s connected, the time is set on the Roku TV and the AppleTV 4 standalone currently connected to the same network and same TV is fine.

Attempting to use “Sign in on mobile device” generates a nearly immediate “Verification Failed”.

“Sign In On This TV” after putting in Apple ID and password results in an endless “Signing In”.

The Apple ID and password are correct, every other app on the TV has connectivity.

Seems like the auth service can not connect as configured.

I have uninstalled / restarted / re-installed several times with the same result.  

Can also not change “Location” to “On” under privacy settings but easily able to change Show Sports Scores to On or Off.

Stephenw1

Jump to solution

Apple tv still don't work.

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@specwarx Thanks for letting us know about the issue. Have you contacted Apple TV support yet to report this issue and request more help signing in? You'll want to start there to see what other assistance they can provide for their channel. 

Please feel free to send me a private message with your Roku TV serial number from Settings>System>About, along with your Apple ID and any other details about troubleshooting that you've attempted. I can help pass this along to the channel provider. 

@Stephenw1 Have you taken a look at our support article here for help getting signed into the Apple TV app? If that isn't helping, you'll want to contact Apple TV support to report the issue you're running into and request additional support. If you are using a Roku device that has a micro-SD card inserted for additional channel storage, try removing this before signing in again. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
EJ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Exactly the same for me. I can't change location service to "on" either.

0 Kudos