Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsmeyer22

video question about camera recording features

Does the camera record for a certain length of time after motion detected or continuisly for 14 days?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
swirsguy
Streaming Star

Re: video question about camera recording features

If you have a SD card, then it can record continuously until memory is full, then starts recording over the oldest clips. It does this in small clips (1 minute i think)

The cloud storage keeps clips of motion (based on your settings). It will record motion for up to a set amount (again, accorfing to your settings). 

After each motion event there is another setting for "cool Down" period when it will not record until that time has passed. This, again, can be adjusted in your settings.

0 Kudos
JewelsZag
Reel Rookie

The length of my recording won't go past 12 seconds. I have a wireless doorbell camera. I have adjusted them. I have reinstalled the app. Turned phone off & on. It stays at 12 seconds.  Plz help!

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

HI @JewelsZag,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. Kindly check out this support article on how to set up and view recordings on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell for more details on the capacity of recording for your wireless doorbell camera.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos