Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SP17

Sharing Device With Another Person

I would like to know why there is no option to be able to share a device with another person in the same household. If there is a way besides me logging into my Roku account on every mobile phone, please let me know. My boyfriend and I work different days and would both like to have access to the camera. 

8 REPLIES 8
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Sharing Device With Another Person

Greetings @SP17 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding sharing access to a Roku Smart Home device with another person.

Please be aware that the only way to access a Roku Smart Home device linked to a Roku account is to authenticate the Roku Smart Home mobile app with your Roku credentials for every mobile device.

If you have another inquiry in the future, please don't hesitate to post again in the Roku Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
glensworld

This is a greatly missed feature.  I need the ability for another family member to be able to look in on the cameras to check on the dogs.  Maybe an account type that can only arm, disarm, and view everything but not make changes?  Please add this to the suggestion box.

Can you tell me how to share my camera with my wife. I have the Roku smart home

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Superman1979, your wife has to have the Roku Smart Home app on her phone signed into the Roku account that the cameras are linked to.

How to install the Roku Smart Home mobile app | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Alicia1
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
Alicia1
Reel Rookie

How do I share the video camera's to be watch while I am away

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Alicia1,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. Please be advised that the only way to view the Roku Smart Home camera's video is to sign in to your Roku Smart Home account, where your cameras are linked, on the other person's phone. This way, he or she can start viewing the camera's videos. Once you decide to discontinue his or her access, you'll have to manually sign out of his or her phone.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Yellodev

Did I hear that right? The only way someone else can monitor my cameras is by logging into my account? Seriously? So,  everyone with access has full control over my security system? That's the least secure thing I've ever heard of and defeats the entire purpose of having security cameras in the first place.