Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cristyj
Channel Surfer

thumbnail containing live feed?

Jump to solution

I've noticed on my events page that occasionally my indoor camera SE will produce a thumbnail that has  "Live" highlighted in red. It is not the current live feed though. What does this mean? I thought it was when I pressed record while viewing the live feed, but there have been a few pop up now of events I did not record. What is it doing? Have I been hacked or something?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: thumbnail containing live feed?

Jump to solution

We appreciate you for reaching out to the Roku Community, @cristyj!

We'd be more than happy to further assist you with your concern.

Please be aware that the "Live" thumbnail you see on your events recordings is actually there because it was recorded live. In addition, the events you did not record are also there because your camera detected a motion even if you did not press the record button. Whenever your camera detects any motions surrounding your camera, it automatically records. 

Hope this clears everything out. Let us know if you have further clarification. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: thumbnail containing live feed?

Jump to solution

We appreciate you for reaching out to the Roku Community, @cristyj!

We'd be more than happy to further assist you with your concern.

Please be aware that the "Live" thumbnail you see on your events recordings is actually there because it was recorded live. In addition, the events you did not record are also there because your camera detected a motion even if you did not press the record button. Whenever your camera detects any motions surrounding your camera, it automatically records. 

Hope this clears everything out. Let us know if you have further clarification. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.