Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikhail011

indoor camera flashing blue

Jump to solution

indoor camera flashing blue rapidly out of nowhere

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: indoor camera flashing blue

Jump to solution

Hi @pmm444,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for the inquiry!

We will be more than happy to assist you further. Please check out this support article here on understanding the status light on your Roku Smart Home device.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted if you need anything else.

All the best,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @mikhail011,

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us here in the Roku community.

It would appear that there is a need for more investigation into this matter. Could you elaborate on what it is? Please be advised that the flashing of blue on your camera is a sign that it is connected and that the setup process is nearing completion.

Or, elaborate on it for us and let us know whether you're encountering any unnecessary activity.

To your credit,

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sulohna
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This just happened to me with my outdoor cams.  Here's what I did and it worked so far.  i unplugged the base station.  I unplugged the router/modem.  I waited a couple of minutes, then I plugged in the router.  Then I plugged in the base station.  It flashed for a few seconds, and then it was solid blue, and I have all cameras working.   I don't have a clue as to why any of this happened out of nowhere, and I don't understand the words the advisors give.  But give this a try.  I hope it helps.

0 Kudos
sulohna
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
  1. I forgot to mention that the router/modem takes about ten minutes to reboot after you plug it back in.  When all the lights are back on, then plug in the base station. 
0 Kudos
pmm444
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

my camera was flashing blue at 10:26 at night for 2 seconds and then stopped and then it was flashing blue again at 10:30 for 15 seconds. i’ve had the camera for months now and it’s always been connected and never lost connection. and your saying that it does that when it’s in the last steps of the connecting process but nobody else is comment to it but me … so basically your telling me someone was trying to connect to my camera ? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@pmm444, the flashing blue light doesn't mean someone is connecting to the camera; it means the camera is connecting to your network.  I couldn't say why, but it probably disconnected and reconnected.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
pmm444
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

online on the website it says that it’s in the connection process and it’s almost complete but it’s been set up and i was watching the live feed while it was blinking… so clearly it was connected. it never lost connection because i was watching it and i have the video footage while it was blinking. so can you explain how that’s possible ? 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @pmm444,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for the inquiry!

We will be more than happy to assist you further. Please check out this support article here on understanding the status light on your Roku Smart Home device.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted if you need anything else.

All the best,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.