Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will other accounts be able to access/locate my Roku Camera?

Jump to solution

I've recently purchase a new set of Roku camera's but before I set them up I was wondering, can someone with a separate Roku account  be able to detect my camera's after they've been setup? Or can they only be seen by the account they are attached to? Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: will other accounts be able to locate my camera?

Jump to solution

Hello! @crazyyiisbestt,

Thanks for the question,

Congratulations on your new set of Roku Cameras! These cameras offer you a secure and reliable way to monitor your home or office. It's important to note that only you or the Roku account linked to your camera can access or detect the camera, ensuring that your privacy is never compromised. With the Roku Cameras, you can have peace of mind knowing that your property is being monitored by a trusted and reliable system.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How is it possible someone’s able to see your camera fee but they’re not under your account

Jump to solution

Hi @Zachary_Jane,

We appreciate your vigilance and concern regarding the security of your cameras. We're here to assist.

Multiple devices can be connected to the camera through the Roku smart home app using the same Roku credentials. Please be advised that we don't have the option to view who has access to your cameras, as accessing our customer's accounts is strictly prohibited.

As you have mentioned that someone is viewing your camera, we highly suggest to try doing the following: 

If the issue persists, we strongly recommend changing the email address linked to the camera and re-set up.

We hope this information helps. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you need further assistance. 

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: will other accounts be able to locate my camera?

Jump to solution

Hello! @crazyyiisbestt,

Thanks for the question,

Congratulations on your new set of Roku Cameras! These cameras offer you a secure and reliable way to monitor your home or office. It's important to note that only you or the Roku account linked to your camera can access or detect the camera, ensuring that your privacy is never compromised. With the Roku Cameras, you can have peace of mind knowing that your property is being monitored by a trusted and reliable system.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

How is it possible someone’s able to see your camera fee but they’re not under your account

Jump to solution

Someone in my home is able to use a view my cameras with LB under my Roku account. How is that possible? Can someone please help me out I’m figuring out how they were able to connect to my devices without my permission. One of the cameras are located in my bedroom, so they were able to see me on dress dress anything personal what should I do??

0 Kudos

Re: Will other accounts be able to access/locate my Roku Camera?

Jump to solution

This is what I’m wondering as well. I have actually discovered someone’s been able to view my camera feeds them live as well. I didn’t even know they had access. I actually had one of my bedroom in so that means they been able to view everything without my knowledge I’m wondering the same thing trying to find out what should I do?

0 Kudos
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How is it possible someone’s able to see your camera fee but they’re not under your account

Jump to solution

Hi @Zachary_Jane,

We appreciate your vigilance and concern regarding the security of your cameras. We're here to assist.

Multiple devices can be connected to the camera through the Roku smart home app using the same Roku credentials. Please be advised that we don't have the option to view who has access to your cameras, as accessing our customer's accounts is strictly prohibited.

As you have mentioned that someone is viewing your camera, we highly suggest to try doing the following: 

If the issue persists, we strongly recommend changing the email address linked to the camera and re-set up.

We hope this information helps. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you need further assistance. 

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.