Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chare977

What did this update DO to us ??

I have 4 total cams.  2 indoor cams, 2 outdoor cams.  Since the update NONE of the micro SD Cards are even recognized by the cams now, and what ever this update did, it borked the **** out of all our SD Cards somehow. 

In addition to that, when I go to download anything recorded on events, the sound is not downloaded with it.  It USED to come with sound, and suddenly it doesn't.  Something is wrong here all of sudden!

1 REPLY 1
reptem1970
Roku Guru

Re: What did this update DO to us ??

You are talking about firmware 6.0.0 build 32-FD that has been rolling out since July. It has literally ruined all the cameras. I have no idea why they haven't rolled it back. I think most have just given up and moved on to different devices or don't notice because sometimes they work. But yeah, the SD cards are noticed sometimes and sometimes not. That's just one of the many glitches in this new firmware. Best you can do is file a log report number with each individual camera inside the app, then follow up with phone support with the log ID number and hope they fix it. Almost three months now for me and no fixes, so good luck.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.