Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeff14
Channel Surfer

View videos after subscription ended

Hi Danny I have a subscription to Roku home security and just wanted to know if I have no SD card in the camera how long does activity stay on the cloud or internal storage. Thank You. Jeff 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: View videos after subscription ended

Hello! @jeff14,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're happy to assist.

When you purchase a Roku Smart Home Subscription, an event recording is stored in the cloud for 14 days.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jeff14
Channel Surfer

What happens after 14 days with a subscription.? Say some stole my camera and tried to see what I recorded without a SIM card inserted. I never put a SD card in. Does the camera store the images longer then 15 days and can someone see what I am recording. Thank You so very much.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jeff14,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. Please be advised that if no SD card is being inserted, the recordings (images or videos) will be deleted after 14 days. The recordings and images are kept on your Roku Smart Home app account cloud storage and not on the camera itself. Even if the camera is stolen, there will be no option to view recordings since they are not stored on the camera but are stored on the cloud, which is on your Roku Smart Home app, which can only be accessed if your credentials are manually signed in. For more details, please check out this support article on how to set up and view recordings on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jeff14
Channel Surfer

How do I delete photos from my cloud or Roku camera so no one can hack into them since my phone was hacked into, I am worried that they might get some sensitive photos and I would like to delete them or back them up safely somehow. Thank You and Merry Christmas Everyone

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@jeff14,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

There is no need to be concerned because, after 14 days of free trial,. The cloud-stored images and recordings would be automatically wiped out.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jeff14
Channel Surfer

Thank you for the response but my free trial expired last December. I am on a renewal monthly.  Maybe it's best if I keep camera off. Merry Christmas.

0 Kudos
jeff14
Channel Surfer

Hi Roku administrator I my ade another post tonight could you please answer it if possible. Thank You 

0 Kudos
jeff14
Channel Surfer

Hi Eunice how do I delete pictures from cloud on my Smart Home App. Is that the event section? And are they permanently deleted because a bully accused me of breaking the knob on his washing machine and police wanted to plug my camera into a device and I said no because you do not have a warrant., I have nothing to hide  but I deleted a bunch of pictures and videos from my event and there is no SD card in it. There were turning the heat up to 145 degrees because they live upstairs. Is there anything I can do to get those pictures or videos back after I delete them? Or can the police check the camera with this device and find these pictures after a month for example . Thank You for any help.

0 Kudos