Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DylanSmartHome
Binge Watcher

Video doorbell and indoor cameras not giving notifications on my phone?

I'm not seeing any notifications on my Android phone when motion or sound events are triggered/recorded? Notifications for the app are enabled. So at this point I have no reason to hope I'll be notified in real time if anything important happens until I happen to open the app and check the event list? 

Is this normal? Am I missing a setting in the app or on my phone?

And maybe I don't know how to make rules well enough yet, but I see no way to trigger an alarm on the phone that would override the phone being set to silent. My alarm clock app will make an audible alarm even when the phone is set to silent mode while I sleep. I'd like an alarm to sound on my phone any time the doorbell is pressed. I'd like an alarm if any of the indoor cameras detects a fire alarm.

The lack of any real time notifications or alarms on my phone makes this system useless at preventing a break in real time. It will give me video to give police after the fact to catch a burglar, but doesn't give me a chance to set off the siren or use the two way audio to tell someone that I see them and to leave abd that I'm calling the police??

Anyone want to share if this type thing is working for them or not?

19 REPLIES 19
Ciemny
Channel Surfer

Re: Video doorbell and indoor cameras not giving notifications on my phone?

Same issue here. Notification settings on iPhone are all set to on. And same for the camera. I was thinking maybe I’m also not building the rules correctly either. But my roommate has an Android and he’s not getting notifications either, so I do not believe this is a cellphone issue, it’s a Roku issue.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Ciemny 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with notifications from your Roku Smart Home device.

Can you please provide us with a screenshot of your notification settings within the Roku Smart Home mobile app so we can better understand how you are setup?

Once we have more information, we will be able to investigate the issue you are seeing further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ciemny
Channel Surfer

Here’s an Imgur Link to my settings. I have included my iPhone settings as well. 
Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Ciemny 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you are experiencing with notification on your Roku Smart Home device.

At this time, we would recommend restarting both the Roku Smart Home devices as well as your Roku Smart Home mobile app and seeing if the issue persists.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thealexisgarcia
Reel Rookie

How to Get Camera Notifications with SE cameras outdoors

I have a subscription and I know the camera records but I am not notified until 6 hours later or not even get notified. 

I checked camera and the app permissions and nothing was changed and they have permission. 

i also deleted the camera to start fresh and nothing. Both of my cameras have the same problem. Anyone can help? 

0 Kudos
thealexisgarcia
Reel Rookie

EE03E8FA-6125-4F52-BB19-BDF47492C1AE.png

Doesn’t work. I also did the steps you told the other user to do 

0 Kudos
Ciemny
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuDanny-R 

i followed your advice and I had unplugged my camera and redownloaded the app. I was ecstatic to get a notification from my camera as I was waiting for it to reboot. However, about 3 hours later, I got a text from my brother that said he got to my house before I did… But didn’t get any notification from Roku. I checked the app and it did capture my brother entering my home, but didn’t get a notification. 
Any suggestions? I have to admit I’m really disappointed this doesn’t work. The whole purpose I got a security camera is so I can be notified when someone is at my home. Someone may approach my door and see my camera and try to talk to it- expecting it to work properly and notify the homeowner. I mean, what would stop an intruder from not only breaking into my home, but also steal my camera? I wouldn’t know until I came home and saw my camera was missing and my house was broken into.
Do you know anything else I can possibly do in order for the camera to work as advertised? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @thealexisgarcia @Ciemny 

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing with not receiving notifications from your Roku Smart Home Doorbell. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please be aware that I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

If you have another issue in the future, please don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Squiggy
Reel Rookie

Just chiming in here to also let the community and devs / support team know that I'm also having trouble figuring out how to get notifications on my Samsung Galaxy S22.  I've restarted the phone, I've re-installed the app, I've reconnected my doorbell camera and indoor cameras.  I've checked multiple times that the notifications in the app are set to "ON".  I've verified that the app settings in my phone are set to "ON".   I haven't found any concrete answers on how to fix this.  Someone came to our door last night, rang the doorbell and it never notified us.  The recording is in my "Events" section, and the cameras seem to be recording things, we're just not getting notified.  Please advise.  Attached are screenshots.Screenshot_20230530_091237_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230530_091322_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230530_085729_Smart Home.jpgScreenshot_20230530_091306_Settings.jpg

0 Kudos