Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sulohna
Binge Watcher

Outdoor Wireless Camera Not Accessible Over The Internet

Jump to solution

Johnny9, I am posting to you because I can't get a definitive answer from Roku.  I have asked multiple times "what is a power cycle and how do I do it".  I see in your post that you have done that and a force stop, which I also do not know how to do.  Would you explain this for me?  Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Outdoor Wireless Camera Not Accessible Over The Internet

Jump to solution

Hi @sulohna,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. Power cycling is the process of turning your Roku camera off and then turning it on again. This can help reset any settings that may have been causing performance issues. What Roku camera are you using? You can power cycle your Roku camera by pressing the set-up button found on the button of your Roku camera or by unplugging it from the wall outlet and plugging it back in, depending on what Roku camera you have. On the other hand, force stop refers to closing your Roku Smart Home by force. On Android, swipe up from the bottom, hold, then let go. Swipe up on the app. While on iOS, from the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app.

If you have more inquiries, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Outdoor Wireless Camera Not Accessible Over The Internet

Jump to solution

Hi @sulohna,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. Power cycling is the process of turning your Roku camera off and then turning it on again. This can help reset any settings that may have been causing performance issues. What Roku camera are you using? You can power cycle your Roku camera by pressing the set-up button found on the button of your Roku camera or by unplugging it from the wall outlet and plugging it back in, depending on what Roku camera you have. On the other hand, force stop refers to closing your Roku Smart Home by force. On Android, swipe up from the bottom, hold, then let go. Swipe up on the app. While on iOS, from the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app.

If you have more inquiries, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos