Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCOS
Channel Surfer

Smart home notifications not appearing on TV, cameras only recording images

I am currently using a roku doorbell, home monitoring system, and 1 indoor camera. 

If I press the doorbell, I can receive a notification on my roku streaming devices, but I am not getting any notifications for my window/door sensors or motion detector. I've been in several chats and checked multiple settings, rebooted them, and was told there was a known bug? 

Also, during my free trial, the recordings would record in video, but now that I have purchased the subscription plan I am only getting still images, I was in a chat today and was told this is also a known bug? 

6 REPLIES 6
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Smart home notifications not appearing on TV, cameras only recording images

HI @MCOS,

We appreciate you getting in contact with us and letting us know about this situation.

We were able to verify your account, and a member of our support staff has already attended to this issue for you. Our team is also aware of this issue, and we are in the process of investigating it at this time. We believe that continuing to cooperate with them in order to receive additional aid is the best course of action.

If there's anything else that we can further look into, please don't hesitate to let the community know about it.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MCOS
Channel Surfer

Are there any updates to the ongoing issues? 

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MCOS,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Rest assured that we have followed up your concern and information with our Support team. They will attend to your inquiry as soon as possible.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are greatly valued.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MCOS
Channel Surfer

Hello, just wanted to see if there have been updates. This issue is now two weeks old, and no one has been in contact with me. 

0 Kudos
Jstreib87

I’m having the same problem 

0 Kudos
Glassiter
Reel Rookie

Doorbell only alerts on Roku tv if button pressed. Would like to be notified when motion detected. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.