Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sulohna
Binge Watcher

SE outdoor camera swirling cloudiness

Jump to solution

I have 3 wireless outdoor cameras, and the latest one I installed does not work right.  It flashes a bright light twice on my screen then is just cloudy and seems like it's trying to correct continuously.  It never goes into night mode, as it stays somewhere between day and night.  Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: SE outdoor camera swirling cloudiness

Jump to solution

Hello! @sulohna,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reporting the problem to us. We're looking into this issue immediately. 

The error will receive an error of "2001" when trying to launch the Roku Smart Home app. This error is caused by an invalid token on the Smartphone or tablet. It can be generated by the app being idle too long in the background, mainly seen on Android devices. 

Troubleshooting steps

• Forcefully close the Roku Smart Home application.
  • On Android: Swipe up from the bottom, hold, then let go. Swipe up on the app.
  • On iOS: From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app.
  • Relaunch the app after closing.
  • Please sign out of the app by tapping Account and pressing "Sign Out" at the bottom.
  • Sign back into the app.

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @sulohna,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku wireless outdoor camera SE. We'd like to know more about the issue that you ran into. Are you getting any error messages or error codes on your Roku Smart Home app? Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing? What were the steps you took to resolve the issue? With more details, we will be able to assist you further. In the meantime, you can check out this link here on how to turn on and use night vision on your Roku Smart Home camera.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sulohna
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I now get error code 20018.  No idea what that means, and I have no clue what "power cycle" means.  I uploaded a video to you but heard nothing about the flashing lights.  Please help.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @sulohna,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reporting the problem to us. We're looking into this issue immediately. 

The error will receive an error of "2001" when trying to launch the Roku Smart Home app. This error is caused by an invalid token on the Smartphone or tablet. It can be generated by the app being idle too long in the background, mainly seen on Android devices. 

Troubleshooting steps

• Forcefully close the Roku Smart Home application.
  • On Android: Swipe up from the bottom, hold, then let go. Swipe up on the app.
  • On iOS: From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app.
  • Relaunch the app after closing.
  • Please sign out of the app by tapping Account and pressing "Sign Out" at the bottom.
  • Sign back into the app.

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.