Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huntmarv
Streaming Star

Roku wireless outdoor se camera not showing charge on battery

Jump to solution

I got a replacement outdoor wireless se security camera. When I charge it, it "sometimes" briefly shows a charge is in process on the app. Then it goes back to 39% charge on the app. Any help is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
huntmarv
Streaming Star

Re: Roku wireless outdoor se camera not showing charge on battery

Jump to solution

No I'm using the given equipment to charge. This is a replacement camera itself. The last one charged fine but wouldn't save any video to the SD card. This replacement seems to charge but shows only 39% charge. It was at 39% for over 2 days so it obviously charges but seems like the camera is not sending the data to my Smart Home app. It just stays at 39%. After talking to Roku support on the phone they decided to send another replacement. We did some troubleshooting and that's what was decided. Thanks for answering. FYI I'm very tech savvy. Not being rude just letting you know. Problem solved with replacement and I'm happy. Thanks again. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @huntmarv,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with charging your Roku Smart Home Camera.

We recommend using another USB adaptor to see if there's any progress when charging your Roku Smart Home Camera. It's possible that the USB adapter that you are currently using isn't providing adequate power to charge your Roku device.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
huntmarv
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

No I'm using the given equipment to charge. This is a replacement camera itself. The last one charged fine but wouldn't save any video to the SD card. This replacement seems to charge but shows only 39% charge. It was at 39% for over 2 days so it obviously charges but seems like the camera is not sending the data to my Smart Home app. It just stays at 39%. After talking to Roku support on the phone they decided to send another replacement. We did some troubleshooting and that's what was decided. Thanks for answering. FYI I'm very tech savvy. Not being rude just letting you know. Problem solved with replacement and I'm happy. Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.