Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bluj713

Roku camera can't talk through it

I can't talk through the camera at all I've checked all my permissions on my phone there all active. I can hear sound and the siren does work I'm not sure what the problem is.

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku camera can't talk through it

Greetings @Bluj713 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with using voice through the Roku Smart Home mobile app and camera.

Have you tried using the Roku Smart Home mobile app on another mobile device to see if you are able to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
twg270
Reel Rookie

I haven't been able to use the speak feature and I've tried all I can do on my side to troubleshoot it from restarting camera to reinstalling the app to even tweaking the settings. All permissions are on and still yet nothing

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @twg270 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home Camera.

Have you tried using the Roku Smart Home mobile app on another mobile device to see if you are able to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
twg270
Reel Rookie

Yes I have and still the same result. Only thing that works is incoming sound and siren

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @twg270 

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

If you have another issue in the future, please, don't hesitate posting in the Roku Community again.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tdosu15

So, you provided no answers to the question about why the speak function doesn't work. I'm experiencing the same issue. My wife can speak through the camera on her iPhone  but I cannot spray speak through it with my android. What's the issue? 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @Tdosu15 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku Smart Home Camera.

Have you made sure that your mobile device has the mic settings allow for the Roku Smart Home mobile app in your device system settings?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue to assist. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JenJen1407

My wife is able to talk through her phone and camera and I am not able to. Yes all my permissions are good to go and we both have androids. What is the issue?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @JenJen1407 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We would be more than happy to investigate the issue you are experiencing, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• mobile device brand, model, and software OS/version
  • Roku Smart Home mobile app version
  • what are the steps to reproduce the issue
  • what are you experiencing when you press the option to talk through the mobile app

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.