Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PJP
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku camera can't talk through it

Same problem with inability to talk though 360 camera with my Samsung Galaxy 9 plus cell phone.

No problem when I use e my  Samsung A7 Tab. Both are set with same Microphone permissions yet the Tab works but my more important cell does not work .All other functions on both devices work fine.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @PJP,

Thanks for the post,

We would be happy to investigate the issue you are experiencing, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Mobile device brand, model, and software OS/version
  • Roku Smart Home mobile app version
  • what are the steps to reproduce the issue
  • What are you experiencing when you press the option to talk through the mobile app?

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Tried it on 2 separate phones  2 way talk still isn't working, checked microphone settings and all what do I need to do to have it fixed?

PJP
Reel Rookie

I have  Samsung cell phone. SM G965U. 

Android version 9,  security software MDF v3.1 release 4

Microphone use on phone is in on position for app permission for the Roku App.

Roku App version v2.1.0 (155)

When I Press the speaker icon on any of my 5 Roku cameras the sound and microphone icons turn blue and the word " Speaking "  shows on my screen but no sound goes to any camera when I speak. 

Same with my Samsung Tab 7 SMT500 Android version 12 . Cannot get speaker to work and microphone permision is on.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Annemoore74 @PJP,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for bringing this issue to our attention. The Roku Smart Home app requires permission to send and receive audio in order to use the two-way audio feature. Refer to the Apple or Google support websites for assistance enabling permissions on your mobile device. If you already allowed the permission from your mobile device, we recommend uninstalling your Roku Smart Home app and installing it once more to clear the cache. After this, kindly check to see if you're still seeing the issue.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.