Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku outdoor wired cameras

Jump to solution

Just purchased a roku outdoor wired Camera.   Working on setting it up.   Will post if I have trouble.   Doing need a roku subscription to view events on my camera?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku outdoor wired cameras

Jump to solution

Hi @dianemcdowell,

Congratulation on your new Roku Smart Home outdoor camera!

Please be aware that when you set up a new Roku Smart Home camera or doorbell, you automatically get a free 14-day trial of a Roku Smart Home Subscription.

For more information here's a link to our support page about How to view a live video stream from your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell | Official Roku S...

You may also refer to this link: How to sign up for and manage a Roku Smart Home Subscription | Official Roku Support

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us a know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @dianemcdowell,

Congratulation on your new Roku Smart Home outdoor camera!

Please be aware that when you set up a new Roku Smart Home camera or doorbell, you automatically get a free 14-day trial of a Roku Smart Home Subscription.

For more information here's a link to our support page about How to view a live video stream from your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell | Official Roku S...

You may also refer to this link: How to sign up for and manage a Roku Smart Home Subscription | Official Roku Support

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us a know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Amber_3183

Jump to solution

I was wondering after the 14-day free trial if I'm unable to get a cloud account or a card still by then will it still at least stream to my TV for me???

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Amber_3183, you will always be able to view the live stream on your TV or phone.  Without a subscription you can only schedule recordings with a microSD card installed (i.e., no motion triggered video recordings with or without a microSD card).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.