Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku indoor camera not recording events after trial

Jump to solution

My Roku indoor camera will not record events nor will it send notifications. I just bought the one year subscription, and am not receiving anything from my camera. To be clear I have all notification settings on, both on my phone and in the app. I have adjusted sensitivity, and tried every course of action suggested in other people’s post. Anyone find the answer to these problems. Seems to be a common theme here, or should I just contact them and get a refund and get rid of the device?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku indoor camera not recording events after trial

Jump to solution

@Jbrooks4646,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

Depending on your Roku® Smart Home camera, you can capture several different types of recordings, including event, continuous, scheduled, and time-lapse recordings. Some recording features are only available on specific smart home cameras. 

This article reviews the different types of recordings, where your recordings are saved, and how to view your recordings. If your recordings are not working or displaying as expected, you can also find troubleshooting tips for common issues. How to fix a video recording or scheduling issue on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jjhendo,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We'd love to assist you further with this concern that you have with the Roku indoor camera. Videos are always captured to your micro SD in Full HD 1080p. When your card runs out of space, the oldest footage is overwritten to make room for new recordings. To record to your micro SD card, open the smart home app and follow the instructions below.

Events and Continues Recordings

1. Select your camera from the Home screen.
  2. Tap Settings in the corner.
  3. Select Advanced Settings.
  4. Tap and toggle Record to MicroSD card.
  5. Select Continuous or Events only.

Please confirm notifications are turned ON in the Roku camera settings. Confirm Push notifications are ON. Confirm that the Roku Smart Home app is allowed to send notifications to their device. The user will have to check their Apple or Android app permissions to enable the notifications.

Kindly inform us if the issue persists after performing the suggested steps above.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Jearen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same problem. I unplugged my wifi, tv, for 5 minutes and restarted my phone. The doorbell seems to be working now after turning everything back on.  I did email Roku just to inform them. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jbrooks4646,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

Depending on your Roku® Smart Home camera, you can capture several different types of recordings, including event, continuous, scheduled, and time-lapse recordings. Some recording features are only available on specific smart home cameras. 

This article reviews the different types of recordings, where your recordings are saved, and how to view your recordings. If your recordings are not working or displaying as expected, you can also find troubleshooting tips for common issues. How to fix a video recording or scheduling issue on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jjhendo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem now after the trial ran out. I thought it is still supposed to send notifications and pictures, at least? I still have all the settings from when I had the trial and everything worked great. Shouldn't it just record to the micro SD instead of the cloud now?

0 Kudos
Jearen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did have to reset the doorbell and app. The doorbell camera works but at times it takes a long time to see the feed.By the time you look the person is gone. If you have a package delivered Fed ex, or USPS sends a text, that it was delivered. The doorbell does not activate the feed to show this. I cleared the cache in the app so hopefully this will help.

jjhendo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I reset them and then cleared the cashe and played around with some options. I got it to record one event and send me a notification and now it's back to doing nothing. Everything worked great with the trial and now they don't want to do anything. Seems like a ploy to get the subscription. Pretty disappointing..

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jjhendo,

Welcome, and thanks for keeping us updated in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience. If the free trial ends, You can use your cameras or doorbells with the following free features:

• Live Streaming
  • SD Card event recording
  • Motion and sound-triggered alerts
  • Without a service plan or trial, Roku Smart Home cameras alert the customer via push notifications about motion and sound that were detected but do not record the event.
  • Smoke and CO detection

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jjhendo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I put the SD cards in them, is there anything else I have to do? And could there be another reason I'm not getting notifications anymore? I'm I'm able to do is look at the live feed..

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jjhendo,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We'd love to assist you further with this concern that you have with the Roku indoor camera. Videos are always captured to your micro SD in Full HD 1080p. When your card runs out of space, the oldest footage is overwritten to make room for new recordings. To record to your micro SD card, open the smart home app and follow the instructions below.

Events and Continues Recordings

1. Select your camera from the Home screen.
  2. Tap Settings in the corner.
  3. Select Advanced Settings.
  4. Tap and toggle Record to MicroSD card.
  5. Select Continuous or Events only.

Please confirm notifications are turned ON in the Roku camera settings. Confirm Push notifications are ON. Confirm that the Roku Smart Home app is allowed to send notifications to their device. The user will have to check their Apple or Android app permissions to enable the notifications.

Kindly inform us if the issue persists after performing the suggested steps above.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.