Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bfoy
Reel Rookie

Roku doorbell not live feeding to Roku TV

I just bought the Roku wired doorbell and a 55” Phillips Roku TV from Walmart. 

I have set up the doorbell, the TV, the chime, the Roku Cameras channel and the Smart home App. 

I have an iPhone 12. All are on the same WiFi, 2.4 ghz, and the router is close to the doorbell. 

The doorbell stream works fine on my phone through the app. 

I cannot get the stream on my Roku TV through the Roku cameras channel. It is a black screen that says unable to connect. 

TV firmware is OS 11.5. 

this seems to be a problem that has to be addressed. Are you working on a firmware update? 

what can I do?

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku doorbell not live feeding to Roku TV

@Bfoy 

If your Roku TV is on the same network as your cameras, go to your online Roku account at  https://www.roku.com/ and login.  Look under "Manage Account" for "TV settings for Roku Smart Home" and verify that "Allow" for camera feeds and notification are Enabled for your RokuTV. (checkmarks) 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Bfoy
Reel Rookie

It’s is on the same network and I have checked Allow for my devices

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Bfoy 

I think the next step for me would be to restart/reboot everything involved.  Reboot your network, perform a System Restart on the RokuTV (Settings/System/Power/System Restart), and power cycle the doorbell (flip the breaker associated with the doorbell).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Tygarys
Channel Surfer

I also have this same issue, we have 4 Roku devices, 2 TVs, and 2 premier boxes and all 4 stopped working at the same time. They are all setup correctly for notifications, and I have done reboots on the network, TVs/boxes, and camera, but they still won't connect. The phone app has no issues, just the TVs/boxes. I did notice that the camera app has changed (updated?) recently, maybe a buggy app? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @Tygarys 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing related to the Roku Smart Home Doorbells not working with the Roku Camera channel.

Please be aware that there was a recent update to the Roku Smart Home devices. Have you tried checking for an update on your Roku Smart Home Doorbell to see if it can update to the latest version build?

For more information about how to update a Roku Smart Home device as well as the latest Smart Home release notes, visit our Support pages below:
Update the software on your smart home devices
Roku Smart Home firmware release notes

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be more than happy to continue assisting should you need help.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bfoy
Reel Rookie

All firmware is up to date through the smart home app

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Bfoy

Thanks for the follow up.

We would be more than happy to investigate the issue you are reporting.

Can you please provide us with the firmware that your Roku Smart Home Doorbell is currently on?

Once we have this information, I'll be sure to you pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look into further.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tygarys
Channel Surfer

I have the most current firmware for the camera. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @Tygarys 

Thanks for the follow up regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide us with the firmware that your Roku Smart Home Doorbell is currently on?

Once we have this information, I'll be sure to you pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look into further.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos