Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AutumnEmbers
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku indoor camera se volume

Jump to solution

I have no idea why people are secretive about the volume. I have no idea why there's continued to sell cameras that don't work. I have invested in five of them throughout my house specifically for talking in different rooms. I have about 15 replies from Roku saying they have transferred me to the technical support. I will update you if I get any information.

GMAC1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm seeing a theme around the sound issue, roku cameras and samsung phones...

Is this isolated to samsung? Are there reports I didn't see of other phone not working? 

I love my roku products, several tv's, sticks (for my non roku tv's). When they came out with security cameras I was so excited... Now I'm ready to sell all roku products and switch to a reliable vendor.

What will stop me? Open, public answers.  Stop tarnishing your name.

I'm now apologizing publicly to everyone I recommended this product/company to.

Now searching to find what people are switching to.... 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @GMAC1 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding low volume with your Roku Smart Home Indoor Camera. We understand the frustration that you may be feeling when trying to use a brand new product and it doesn't turn out to your expectations.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AetherHund
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku 360 se indoor camera volume too low

Jump to solution

I am curious to find out if anyone else has noticed an audio issue with the Roku indoor cameras. I thought the camera was built with just a poor audio component, but the more I investigated, the more I feel that maybe an audio compression limiter is being implemented on these cameras, to put a hard limit on the volume of devices,  that is well below the device capabilities.  

The problem was first noticed when I installed the cameras in my home. In testing, I found the video quality (in both ambiant lighting and night vision) and field of view to be outstanding, but the ambiant audio and two-way tall feature to be almost non-functional.  I chalked it up to cost-efficoency when trying to produce a low cost product. I had been testing via the app on my android phone, and used both the phone speaker and Bluetooth earbuds for my analysis. 

Today however,  I noticed something strange. I checked a camera with my ear buds in use, and then switched back to a social media application that has audio, and found that this application was stuck at the same low volume as the cameras,  even at max volume. I had to disconnect my Bluetooth and reconnect it to get normal volume again.

Is anyone else noticing this issue? Was it intentional,  or is this just a bug with the audio codec? Lastly, if anyone else has experienced this, has anyone else found a fix for it? I love the video aspects of these cameras,  and the price point, but the lack of audio is making me reconsider my purchase in favor of more expensive cameras. Any advice or feedback would be appreciated. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

HI @AetherHund 

Thanks for posting regarding low volume with your Roku Smart Home Indoor Camera. 

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and information to out Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GMAC1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm seeing a pattern with samsung phones. Going to find someone with a different brand Android or Iphone that has success or failure... 

AutumnEmbers
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Great idea! Please check back with the community on your results.

0 Kudos
AutumnEmbers
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

To Everyone,

INSTRUCTIONS FROM ROKU:

Check if the Roku Smart Home app is up to date.

Check the firmware for the Roku Camera is up to date.

Power cycle:

Unplug and then plug back in your camera.

Perform a factory reset:

Before performing this step, you should submit an app log.

Delete the device from the Roku Smart Home app and set it up again like new.

Roku Camera:

If there is a microSD card inserted, remove it.

With the Roku Camera plugged into power, press and hold the setup button on the bottom of the camera for 10 seconds. This will reset the camera.

Wait at least 30 seconds for the unit to initialize.

This process can take up to 5 minutes. It's rare, but it's possible.

The LED status light on the device will change from Solid Red to Flashing Red.

The device is now ready to be set up again.

0 Kudos
Dreamreal

Re: Roku 360 se indoor camera volume too low

Jump to solution

I know this post is older, but it keeps coming up in my search and maybe someone else will see this and think twice about buying one. I'm my case, I bought 2...

The night vision doesn't always turn on, even if it's dark. And I tried the smart dection out, and I put it to detect a person while I was at work, and instead I got a bunch of snaps of my cats walking navy and forth....

Has anyone actually heard back from them? I'm having the same issue and have tried contacting them and got nothing. I also can't find anything online about resolving it. So I guess they just want bad reviews if they won't help their customers....

Dreamreal

Jump to solution

The geeni cameras is what I started with and loved. I wanted to get the geeni ones that turn but walmart was out so I got 2 roku ones..... and Im wishing I hadve just waited and spent the same amount of money on them instead. 

0 Kudos