Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scooby1983

Re: indoor camera that has solid red light, and I can't get it to reset

Jump to solution

I have an indoor camera. I first tried to connect it, I got it connected to the app and WiFi. Then it said it has to update. It was "updating" for about an hour... So I figured something went wrong and it froze or something. I erase it from the app, tried to do the hard reset but holding down the setup button for 15...30...60 seconds to no avail. The camera light stays on a solid red no matter what I do. I've turned off the Wi-Fi, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, unplugged the camera, and no matter what I've done, I can't get it to reset. The camera makes no hint of going into discovery mode, or changing from the constant red light that's on the front. What's wrong with it? And what can I do to fix it? It's brand new. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Lew333 @RaylinW

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We're here to help you fix your camera. 

Please be advised that pressing and holding the set-up button for 10 seconds and removing the camera from the app is the best way to reset the camera. To isolate the issue, can you please confirm if you added the camera back to the app after you removed it from the smart home app? To add back the camera after you remove it from the app, you can follow the steps provided below: 

1. Add your camera
    • Tap the plus sign  from the navigation bar and select Add Device
    • Select Cameras & doorbells and choose Indoor Camera
    • Make sure your camera is powered on and the status light is flashing red, and then tap Next
    • Press the Setup button on the bottom of your camera and listen for "Ready to connect". When you hear the phrase, check the box and tap Next.
  2. Connect to Wi-Fi
  3. Scan QR code
    • Hold your camera about 5 inches from the QR code and listen for "QR code scanned. Please wait.". When you hear the phrase, check the box and tap Next.
    • Learn what to try if your camera cannot scan the QR code
  4. Finish setup
    • After you hear “Setup completed”, the status light turns solid blue and your camera is ready to use
    • Name your camera and press Finish

If the issue persists, could you provide us with any error messages you are seeing on the smart home app? You can also try to plug the camera into a different power outlet and set it up again. 

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Scooby1983,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'd love to further investigate this issue that you had with the Roku indoor camera. Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider? How far is your Roku camera from your network router?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CaitlinD

Jump to solution

I’m having a very similar problem. After changes to WiFi we had to reset our cameras. One of the cameras isn’t working though. Upon plug in the red light turns on and stays on for about 10-15 seconds and we can here the camera come on but after the 10-15 seconds the light goes off. We’ve also tried the setup button as well as unplugging and plugging back in with no luck. All we get is a red light then nothing.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @CaitlinD,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community, and welcome!

We see that you're having the same issue with your Roku Indoor camera and we appreciate the effort in resolving this.

I've sent you a PM to further assist.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lew333

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem. 

0 Kudos
RaylinW

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue as CaitlinD

0 Kudos
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Lew333 @RaylinW

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We're here to help you fix your camera. 

Please be advised that pressing and holding the set-up button for 10 seconds and removing the camera from the app is the best way to reset the camera. To isolate the issue, can you please confirm if you added the camera back to the app after you removed it from the smart home app? To add back the camera after you remove it from the app, you can follow the steps provided below: 

1. Add your camera
    • Tap the plus sign  from the navigation bar and select Add Device
    • Select Cameras & doorbells and choose Indoor Camera
    • Make sure your camera is powered on and the status light is flashing red, and then tap Next
    • Press the Setup button on the bottom of your camera and listen for "Ready to connect". When you hear the phrase, check the box and tap Next.
  2. Connect to Wi-Fi
  3. Scan QR code
    • Hold your camera about 5 inches from the QR code and listen for "QR code scanned. Please wait.". When you hear the phrase, check the box and tap Next.
    • Learn what to try if your camera cannot scan the QR code
  4. Finish setup
    • After you hear “Setup completed”, the status light turns solid blue and your camera is ready to use
    • Name your camera and press Finish

If the issue persists, could you provide us with any error messages you are seeing on the smart home app? You can also try to plug the camera into a different power outlet and set it up again. 

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Blazer710

Jump to solution

Having the same issue 

0 Kudos
Jbowl

Jump to solution
Me to did u figure the problem out
0 Kudos
RoseGold87

Jump to solution

In having the same issue as well. Did you ever fix yours?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.