Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lizzzarde
Channel Surfer

Not receiving event notifications on Roku Smart devices

Jump to solution

Reading the long strings about people having the issue of their doorbell not sending notifications, combined with me having the same issue, tells me I may have purchased the wrong brand. 

I've gone through all the recommended steps since installing, and yet still, no notifications. Yes, everything is set up properly. Is there anyone out there who has actually had resolution for this problem, or did you just give up on ROKU entirely? If you found a solution that works, let me know.

Liz

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No notifications on video doorbell

Jump to solution

Hi @Lizzzarde,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We saw your post that you are not getting notifications from your Roku Video doorbell on the Roku Smart Home app. Don't worry, I am more than willing to sort this out for you.

Notification from your Roku smart home app will only be triggered if motion is detected from your Roku Video doorbell and if the doorbell's notification settings are set properly.

Could you please check if there is an event recording on your Roku video doorbell? If there is an event recording, I suggest you try the following.

How to choose your notifications:
Use the steps below to choose the motion events that trigger a notification.

1. Select your device from the Home screen
  2. Tap Settings in the corner
  3. Select Notifications
  4. Expand Motion events
  5. All events are checked by default. Uncheck any that should no longer trigger a notification. Choosing to only be notified for personal events, as seen in the example below, can reduce your notifications by as much as 70%.

Choosing only person events can reduce notifications by as much as 70 percent

How to choose what to record:
To manage which events are recorded when a motion event is detected, follow these steps.

1. Select your device from the Home screen. Make sure your camera is on and you can view the live stream.
  3. Select Event recordings
  4. Toggle on Record motion events
  5. Select Smart detection events instead of All motion events
  6. Tap Smart detection

Tap smart detections

1. Toggle off the event types you do not wish to record

Toggle off the event types you do not want to record

Please let us know if these step-by-step processes help you to resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
38 REPLIES 38
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lizzzarde,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We saw your post that you are not getting notifications from your Roku Video doorbell on the Roku Smart Home app. Don't worry, I am more than willing to sort this out for you.

Notification from your Roku smart home app will only be triggered if motion is detected from your Roku Video doorbell and if the doorbell's notification settings are set properly.

Could you please check if there is an event recording on your Roku video doorbell? If there is an event recording, I suggest you try the following.

How to choose your notifications:
Use the steps below to choose the motion events that trigger a notification.

1. Select your device from the Home screen
  3. Select Notifications
  4. Expand Motion events
  5. All events are checked by default. Uncheck any that should no longer trigger a notification. Choosing to only be notified for personal events, as seen in the example below, can reduce your notifications by as much as 70%.

Choosing only person events can reduce notifications by as much as 70 percent

How to choose what to record:
To manage which events are recorded when a motion event is detected, follow these steps.

1. Select your device from the Home screen. Make sure your camera is on and you can view the live stream.
  3. Select Event recordings
  4. Toggle on Record motion events
  5. Select Smart detection events instead of All motion events
  6. Tap Smart detection

Tap smart detections

1. Toggle off the event types you do not wish to record

Toggle off the event types you do not want to record

Please let us know if these step-by-step processes help you to resolve your concern.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Grl33

Jump to solution

This did not resolve my issues. Both my phones do not receive motion notifications anymore. 

0 Kudos
Malisa324

Jump to solution

I’m having the Same issue with my doorbell and also the chime seems to be delayed. No one has been helpful with fixing the issue 

0 Kudos
QueenAli
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Good afternoon, Liz

I am having the same issue and I just purchased my wireless doorbell last week. Were you able to get your issue resolved? If so, can you please let me know what you did, so I can fix mine. Thank you!

Respectfully, 

Malika

0 Kudos
sfleming30
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue...the chat instructions did not help. I have had my doorbell camera over a year now.

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community user!

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you all for reporting your concern about the Roku Video Doorbell that is not sending notifications on your Roku Smart Home app.

If you're done with the details provided above, let's see if this will work for you: Uninstall and reinstall the Roku Smart Home app and follow the next troubleshooting steps below:

Remove your device from the Roku Smart Home app:

1. On the Home screen, select your smart home device
  2. Tap Settings
  3. Scroll down and tap Delete device
  4. Tap Delete or Yes to confirm your selection

Add again your Wire-Free Video Doorbell:

1. Open the Home screen
  2. Tap the plus sign from the navigation bar
  3. Select Add device
  4. Select your device category and then select a device
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions

For more details please visit our support article: How to set up your Roku Wire-free Video Doorbell and Chime SE

If the issue persists after trying the troubleshooting steps provided, we would like to know the following details so that we can coordinate this with our Roku-appropriate team for review.

• Are you able to see the live stream?
  • Firmware version of your Roku Wire-free Video Doorbell:
  • MAC address: 
  • Log ID: (pull up your Roku Smart Home app home page > select Account > Roku Support > Submit a Log)

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
QueenAli
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response.  I tried what you suggested yesterday, but the issue was not resolved.  I am not receiving any motion notifcations to my phone like I did when I first installed my doorbell. 

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Grl33,

Thanks for the update!

I appreciate that you tried to do troubleshooting to fix the issue with your Roku Video doorbell.

If the issue persists after trying the troubleshooting steps provided, kindly provide the details mentioned above so that we can coordinate this with our Roku-appropriate team for review. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sappy4179
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have been having same issues with doorbell and all other cameras for several days now. I am slowly switching over to blink cameras because of the on going issues with my Roku Cameras. Their support chat has been leas than helpful as well. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.