Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rokcuz1951
Streaming Star

Re: My roku smart home camera says “Upload failed” how can I get that video to work?

@EdLetts 

I agree. As someone aptly pointed out, Roku basically poached Wyze cameras and then rebranded them their own.

What I would love to know is do the Wyze cameras suffer these same flaws? I can't find a whole lot of information online, but I did verify Wyze Cameras at least suffered the Upload Failed issue!

The cameras aren't bad. I could live without cloud working IF and ONLY IF the audio stream worked on MicroSD record.

1. Per both companies, Wyze and Roku Floodlight Cameras have the ability to record to a MicroSD.  Unfortunately, Roku has chosen a non standard format in which to encode and mux the audio to the video, rending the audio unplayable .  Does this flaw exist on Wyze Cams? Or do Wyze Cameras have Audio on MicroSD recorded events.

Roku Encoding Information: There's an "Audio" stream on MicroSD recorded events, it's just unplayable because of the nonsupported format.

thumbnail.png

2. Guess What Folks - Upload Failed.....Wyze cameras suffer Upload Failed

https://forums.wyze.com/t/failed-to-upload-event/99017/5

3.  Here's another "Quirk":  If the camera is rebooted at night and Night Vision is set to Auto, the camera returns in Black and White and doesn't restore to Color. In order to bring back Color, you need to Turn off Night Vision, then switch it back to Auto.

If I were to guess, Wyze and Roku cameras suffer the same issue, and Roku poaching and rebranding the Wyze product resulted in the same headaches.

I'd love for someone to prove me wrong, but the forum in item #2 seems to indicates flaws are shared.

4. Annoyance:  Having to EJECT MicroSD card to playback recorded videos. Seriously, this should be a feature integrated into the APP!!!

Events are failing to upload to the cloud

My cameras are failing to upload to the cloud. There are recordings, yet when I click on them it says failed to upload to cloud. Check connection. I am pretty Po”d about all of this and need to resolve it asap. 

Thank you..

Lacey

0 Kudos
Agood
Reel Rookie

Re: Events are failing to upload to the cloud

Same here, I am among the countless numbers that are experiencing failure of videos to upload.  I just finished my free trial in which the majority of videos uploaded, the day I started my paid subscription, the vast majority fail to upload.  I have tried all the suggested fixes.  Nothing has worked.  I see there is a firmware update, 3.0.1.3896, but it is not available.  Any suggestions what to do next?

0 Kudos
Rokcuz1951
Streaming Star

@Agood I'm not sure what model camera you're running, but your problems may be more connectivity than issues we're all experiencing.  The Upload Failed shouldn't be the majority of your videos. It happens constantly and for protacted periods, but also self corrects.    On the Floodlight Camera, the latest firmware is v3.4.0.6 and it doesn't resolve the issue.

Are you sure your cameras are properly connecting to the internet.  If you can't update the firmware, this only serves to further verify your issue is indeed a connection issue versus a cloud issue.

0 Kudos
Agood
Reel Rookie

These are two camera SEs, I purchased them two weeks ago.  Just to clarify, when I use the app, and look for updates, the message is that they are up to date.  It was not until I was looking at info online about the camera that I saw there was a newer update that doesn't even show up on my app.  I tried all the suggestions, checked the connectivity, reinstalled the app, restarted the devices, nothing worked.  Videos are not uploading.  Obviously from other SE folks on this thread, they are all having the exact same issues...But thank you for your input.

0 Kudos
Rokcuz1951
Streaming Star

https://support.roku.com/article/9195033386135

The above is a list of available firmware. The floodlight se has the most recent available on my camera.  What version are you trying to install and for what model camera?

0 Kudos

Re: My roku smart home camera says “Upload failed” how can I get that video to work?

I have the same issue but what’s weird is I watched a video this morning but now the same video says it failed to upload. 

if I do nothing (no restart of cam or WiFi), it goes back to normal on its own after maybe 1-2 hours it’s been like this since day one.

Floodlight SE

0 Kudos
User45
Streaming Star

I still continue having cloud recording issues, yes, been through all support options, replaced et.. perfect WiFi signal,reset, reboot, Yada. It just keeps failing post rebooting, resets, router, modem, whatever. Not happy chasing flipping thing. Reset, works for 20-30min and it stops…what gives???  Firmware update future or just reset, restart, re-breaker, reboot router?  I’ve got highest speed network, highest bars on that Roku device. It ain’t no problem moving closer to router as recommended by support. 
how many tickets do I need to submit without your texts or call backs to try and resolve?  Am I finally trashed? Eat, move on and cancel subscription? It would be nice, have “some” resolution to this. Oh well I guess. 4months now. Not Happy 

User45
Streaming Star

Any plans to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
User45
Streaming Star

Got me thinking more now. I hope “ROKU” can iron their bugs out on WiFi exterior cams et such with better signal strength. Ain’t no problem with service providers, it’s the Roku outdoor device  signal strength. Maybe an antenna attachment? Don’t know. Happy Customer inside device’s👍👍

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.