Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wolfj22

Keep existing inside doorbell?

Jump to solution

I love Roku devices and am considering the doorbell.   If I install it, can I still have it activate my current "chime" that's inside our house or does it force you to use the chime device they give you as the doorbell sound?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Keep existing inside doorbell?

Jump to solution

Hi @wolfj22

Thanks for your interest in our Roku Video Doorbell & Chime SE!

Please be advised that the original chimes need to be disabled and the included Roku chime has to be used. With the Roku chime, you can switch from the traditional “ding dong” and choose from a variety of other choices for your chime. You can pair multiple chimes to hear alerts in different rooms or floors.

For more information, check out this link: Getting to know your Roku Video Doorbell and Chime SE

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @wolfj22

Thanks for your interest in our Roku Video Doorbell & Chime SE!

Please be advised that the original chimes need to be disabled and the included Roku chime has to be used. With the Roku chime, you can switch from the traditional “ding dong” and choose from a variety of other choices for your chime. You can pair multiple chimes to hear alerts in different rooms or floors.

For more information, check out this link: Getting to know your Roku Video Doorbell and Chime SE

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Spudcld
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You guys look really need to release a doorbell that will use an existing chime. No other doorbell company requires you to bypass a wired chime. That’s just ridiculous. Looks like my first Roku device is going back. Release a model that has a way to integrate with an existing chime.

DianaLynn

Jump to solution

I also would like to use my existing doorbell, which was a wedding gift (50 years ago) and plays tunes, but since the new Roku video doorbell was a Christmas gift to my husband, it’s too late to return.

0 Kudos
DylanSmartHome
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I agree this is a big limitation. The speaker included with the Wire-free Video Doorbell and Chime SE is reasonably loud and have a decent variety of chime sounds to choose from, but it's simply not as loud as the original chime was. And it's possible to wire up multiple traditional chimes around the house if that signal still worked, but I'm not aware of a way to buy or use multiple Roku speaker/chime boxes.

And hard wiring my Roku Video Doorbell to the original doorbell wiring does power it fine, but doesn't seem to be charging the Doorbell's built in battery?? So, the hard wired option on this product seems limited in multiple ways.

0 Kudos