Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BMWS1000RR
Reel Rookie

Not recording video indoor cameras

My cameras have randomly stopped recording videos and are only taking pictures it started to work fine last night around midnight and this morning it’s back to only pictures anyone having this issue @Roku was no help

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Not recording video indoor cameras

Hi @BMWS1000RR,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to learn more about this and see how we can put you to work on it. Below are a few troubleshooting suggestions that you can try.

1. Ensure that the Roku Smart Home app and camera firmware are up to date.
  2. Ensure that motion and sound are turned on in the Events Recording setting.
  3. Check if there are no event recording schedules.
  4. Restart the modem and router, and ensure that the camera is connected to the network and receiving enough connection.
  5. Restart Camera.
  6. Restart the Roku Smart Home App and try to sign out and sign back in.

For additional troubleshooting, you can visit our support page here: How to fix a video recording or scheduling issue on your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell

Let us know if that works!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

How is this a solution? It’s not. Tried all of this without anyone having to tell me. Common sense stuff. The cameras don’t work. They did. Now they don’t. Junk. 

Urmomma
Channel Surfer

My subscription is up to date. 

The recording events were working fine then one day there was an error code and neither of my cameras were working at all. Could not remove cameras from app, even unplugging cameras and plugging them back in didn't work. Finally had to uninstall app then reinstall. That seemed to fix the problem. Cameras have been working fine except they are not automatically recording events. I've turned sensitivity all the way up. When I watch the cameras it's tracking movement however the difference I notice is that the movement is in a purple box vs. a green box like it was before. I have EVERY detection checked.

Sound events ON
Motion events ON

Person check
Pet check
Package check
Vehicle check
Other motion check

These devices are only one month old and my phone is a Samsung 24 and is just a few weeks old. The cameras were working fine on this phone originally.

Can someone help please help.

0 Kudos
John97

Does anybody know why won't Live stream but all my other cameras live stream Except for my front door camera , is there indoor care I use two of them for outdoor and one of them won't live stream Like the other three

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings from the Roku Community, @John97!

We understand that you are unable to watch a live feed from one of your Roku indoor cameras. We're happy to help you. Please try to restart your Roku camera by following the steps below.

1. Launch the Roku smart home app.
  2. Select the camera.
  3. In the upper right corner, you will see the gear icon, which is Settings.
  4. Tap Restart Device.

If the problem still persists, keep us posted.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tiaanna757
Reel Rookie

Same issue here and I can't even get the app to load in order to reset. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for keeping us posted, @tiaanna757!

We would be delighted to help you further with the Roku camera problem you were experiencing, as it was preventing you from viewing the live stream on your camera. Please try to uninstall the Roku smart home app, and re-install back again.

We hope this helps.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jenjen21

You keep typing the same thing but it makes no difference. I'm having the same issue. Guess it's common with what I'm reading here with everyone. I think I'm switching out to another set of cameras. Another set of camers that are NOT worth it

0 Kudos
Crushing
Channel Surfer

Last week, my entire camera setup suddenly started functioning properly again. I can view remotely from my phone and from all of my Roku tvs.  I am also receiving notifications again. Nothing changed on my end, so I can only assume that they changed something in a recent update that corrected whatever issue I was having. 
 Having said that, it's been over 3 months since my problems began. I never heard a single word again from Roku tech support. Not a phone call, a follow up email...nothing. I am a paying customer. What that says to me is that they know they have issues, and they do not care. 

When the stuff is working, it's a great affordable setup. I already bought them, so I will continue to use them, but I would not recommend them to anyone else. 

I hope you are able to get your issues resolved too. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.