Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newguy100
Reel Rookie

Re: Not recording video indoor cameras

Yes! This is freaking me out too. I noticed this and finally got pictures and this on video when it happens. It happened while taking the videos, it was not a device issue. I think I need to cancel this. 

0 Kudos
JHaynes921
Channel Surfer

The tech support (or lack of support) from Roku is pretty atrocious.

I have the same problem.  The way the app (and the Roku app) works, after a certain amount of time it wants to know if you're still watching, so you have to refresh.  What we WANT is to keep the feed running and not have to hit that refresh button.

For example, right now I'm waiting on a delivery.  I've got the app up on my TV so I can watch to see when someone shows up.  But every few minutes it blanks out and I have to restart it. I'm trying to focus on work and not have to focus on the TV every few minutes.  But that's not how the Roku system works.

At my old house, I had a regular security camera system that I could pull up the feed and watch it any time and without having to refresh anything (though I never got the feed set up to watch remotely, which is one of the things I was interested in with the Roku cameras).

I can't find a setting for this, so I'm pretty sure it's a "feature" in the application(s).  What we really want is to be able to either disable this option or modify the timeout time to whatever we want it to be.  But this is probably too much to ask, seeing as they can't even seem to answer basic questions. (I NEVER got an answer to my problems with SD cards not being recognized in the indoor cameras, and now my outdoor camera wants to reformat the card every time I open the camera).

The Roku camera systems are great in theory, but fall well short of expectations in practice.  As a result, I'm strongly considering replacing them all with a better system.

0 Kudos
Gtrfocus

Hi, I had three Indoor Cameras that worked perfectly, so I subscribed to the Camera Plus package so I could keep using the Smart features.

However, I purchased a few more Indoor Cameras and installed them, but these do not have the Smart features. When I go to the Smart Detection settings, when I turn on Person, Pet, etc., it just immediately turns itself off. In Notifications, I only have the option for “Other Motion Event”.

I have tried restarting, unplugging (then waiting) and plugging back in, and also deleting and adding the cameras. I also tried deleting the app and installing it again. 

The old cameras all still work perfectly. It’s only the new cameras that behave as if I don’t have a subscription. Has anyone else seen this before and knows the workaround? Or is there a screen where I have to manually add new cameras to my subscription. Thanks!

olddog1
Roku Guru

Roku support is non existent

0 Kudos
JudyGayle

0 Kudos
JosephA3

I signed out, I deleted the app, i restarted my phone, I redownloaded the app, I signed back in, it is still doing the same thing events are still a frozen image of the recording.

0 Kudos
monty643
Channel Surfer

camera does not show timestamp and is delayed when viewing live stream. device has been reset and i have tried all trouble shooting roku has suggested. my toggle is ON. still no timestamp nor the roku logo shows up. i do not have a sync time option and i do not have the option to view the quality or video. ex.. hd/sd hrz….ever since the new update everything is completely messed up and not working. i use roku express to view live but guess what. it’s about 30 seconds behind and nothing is accurate. WHERE AND WHAT IS THE FIX!!! this is absolutely ridiculous and taking way to long. some ones head needs to roll 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JudyGayle,

Thanks for reaching us about this and welcome to the Roku Community!

You're supposed to have access to all its features when you're in a free trial, and that includes recording. We would recommend to check if the firmware is up to date. See the steps below.

Update a single device
  1. Select a device from the Home screen in the smart home app.
  2. Tap Settings in the top corner.
  3. Tap Device info.
  4. Tap Firmware version to see the current software and build version and check for an update.
  5. If a software update is available, tap Update.

If you're still seeing the issue, you may proceed to reinstall the Smart home app and log in once more.

Still no improvement, please reach us back and share with us the details below.

• DID/MAC: 
  • Roku Model: 
  • Mobile App Error Code: 
  • Firmware version 
  • Troubleshooting steps taken
  • Log ID:

For additional troubleshooting you may refer to our support page here: How to fix a video recording on your  Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
olddog1
Roku Guru

Reinstall, don't help    agent Kamani A tries to bl;ame network He is a liar Network works fine on all other devices

0 Kudos
olddog1
Roku Guru

Roku software is garbage  I will be dropping Roku and going to Wyse their camera supplier  who has been informed about the bad service  with the Product that they supply Roku with Hopefully Wyse will cease supplying Roku with their Cameras

Wysec has much beeter sevioce Camera can run 2'4 or % g net work Run on PCF or Mobile device  and read SD card  directly

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.