Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kueen3

Indoor camera not working or connecting

I already Uninstall the Roku app and restart My phone,  the camera will only blinking flashing, red and blue light. I keep plugging and  unplugging  the roku camera. Keep doing the same thing blinking red blue And my internet is hooked up to the same WI.Fi. as my phone And I'm trying to connect the roku camera to Wi-Fi as well.But it won't do nothing but blink red blue

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indoor camera not working or connecting

Hello! @Kueen3,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about your Indoor Camera. We're pleased to assist.

The Roku Indoor Camera has light status indicators that convey important information. These lights indicate the status of the camera, and understanding them is crucial for the proper operation of the device.

• Solid red light- The device is powered on and initializing
  • Flashing red- The device is ready to connect
  • Flashing red and blue lights- Connection is in progress
  • Flashing blue light - The device is connected and finishing setup
  • Solid blue light- The device is working properly

For more detailed information about Setting up your Roku Indoor Camera, visit our Support page here: How to set up your Roku Indoor Camera SE

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ajballard

My Roku indoor cameras won’t even update the new firmware, so I can’t even look at my cameras on the mobile app. I’ve installed & uninstalled multiple times.

all devices are on the same network.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ajballard,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'll be glad to assist you with your problem with updating the new firmware on your Roku Smart Home app. Are you getting any error messages? Kindly try the below steps to see if they can resolve the issue:

1. Refresh the screen.
  2. Sign out of the Roku Smart Home app and sign back in.
  3. Uninstall and re-install the Roku Smart Home app to ensure the app is up-to-date.
  4. Restart your Roku Indoor Camera SE. (Unplug the USB cable from the back of your camera, wait 10 seconds, and plug the USB cable back into the power input port on your camera.)
  5. Factory reset your camera. If there is a microSD card inserted, remove it. Plug in your camera if it is not already powered on, press and hold the Setup button for 10 seconds, wait at least 30 seconds for your camera to restart, and you will see the status light on your camera flashing red.
  6. Restart your modem and router.

For more details, you can check out this article about troubleshooting the issue when updating firmware on your smart home device. Additional troubleshooting articles are available if your smart home device is offline, will not power on, or is not working after performing a software update. Release notes with details about the latest firmware updates are also available.

We hope this is helpful, and we look forward to hearing from you with further information on this.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                  Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

@RokuEuniceL  I am having the same issue, we moved and I can not get it to connect to our new WiFi.. The camera is blinking red and blue, nomatter how many times I “restart it” can you please help? 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @jillianslaterr 
It's our pleasure to welcome and assist you here in the Roku Community.
We are truly sorry to hear that you are encountering issues with your Roku Smart Home Camera, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We would be more than happy to help you resolve this issue and provide you with the necessary assistance you need. Our team is dedicated and ready to help you overcome any issues you encounter.
Kindly be advised that we have sent you a private message here in the Roku Community. Please check your inbox since we've reached you from there.
We hope to receive a response so we can address your concern.
Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jessieharless
Reel Rookie

I got Roku cameras for my home. It worked really well for about 2 weeks. One of my cameras wouldn’t update, so it no longer works and won’t even turn on anymore.no blinking lights or anything. My other camera went completely out today with no warning. Also won’t turn on. I’m not sure what to do, I can’t even get update or turn on. How do I get it replaced by Roku? These cameras are only a month or so old. I feel like I wasted my money

Jessieharless
Reel Rookie

I have no messages from roku

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.