Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QuadCitiesIL
Channel Surfer

Indoor Camera won't reset. Worked fine before update

My indoor camera stopped working so I attempted to factory reset it by holding down the setup button however, when doing so, the red light never blinks. Instead, it stays solid. It's as if the camera is completely non responsive. The setup button does absolutely nothing. When I turn it on, the camera light is red and stays solid until I unplug it. 

I have tried all of the standard suggestions such as holding the setup button for 10 seconds. I actually tested holding it for up to a minute as well and nothing happened. 

I tried unplugging it and waiting for a couple hours. 

I tried pressing the setup button 5 to 10 times.

Tried a different power cord and outlet. 

I have tried everything. The camera worked fine until the last update. My other camera still works but even that one has become delayed since the last update.

Also, for the camera that is working - there use to be a timer before the update that would show seconds counting and that's no longer on my viewer. Again, after the update, this camera will stop streaming however the screen shows that it's Live but I'll only know when I see a car drive by and nothing happen on my viewer. With the timer, I could at least see that the clock was moving alluding to it being live.

Super bummed. I used to brag about these cameras. They were so good and everything worked flawlessly. What is going on?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
QuadCitiesIL
Channel Surfer

ROKU - Please restore the app/cameras to before the last update

I have had nothing but issues since the last update. One of my cameras no longer works and will not reset. The one that does work stops streaming, is delayed, videos have stopped recording and we are paying a subscription fee for a service that is no longer working as advertised since the update. 

Not only that, several people on here are complaining about additional issues since the update.

With all due respect, don't waste your time making suggestions ask you how to fix my issue unless it's something different than what has been posted on every other thread. I have tried every suggestion in many other users have as well.

How it was before the update was perfect. I'm not sure if the issue is with the app or if there was a firmware update on the camera but something went wrong because a ton of people are complaining about the same issues. I am going to be forced to switch to another brand if this isn't solved within a reasonable time frame as I can't take the risk of something happening and the camera not doing what it's supposed to do.

Please just restore it the way it was before the update. 

QuadCitiesIL
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU - Please restore the app/cameras to before the last update

To add to this, I'm concerned that my camera that is not working now, but was working fine before the update, is now no longer being recognized by my and when I try to reset it by pressing the setup button there is no response.

If there ends up being an update that fixes the problem everyone's having, how is my camera going to be able to receive the update if it's not able to connect to the internet?

It's as if the camera is bricked. I don't know, I am just very disappointed as these cameras work so well before.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Indoor Camera won't reset. Worked fine before update

Hi @QuadCitiesIL,

Thank you for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you taking some troubleshooting steps to fix your camera issue. We're happy to help! 

1. Remove the camera from the app by navigating Homepage of the app> tap the Camera's name > go to Settings > click Delete device
  2. Reset up the camera. If you need instructions, you can refer to this article: How to set up your Roku Indoor Camera SE.

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will
be glad to help you.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
QuadCitiesIL
Channel Surfer

I have tried that numerous times. The setup button is not responding. The camera does nothing when I press it. 

0 Kudos
QuadCitiesIL
Channel Surfer

If your going to offer advice, please don't use a copy and paste answer. If you read my original post, I said exactly what the problem is so your last reply offered zero help. 

Several people are having these issues and all I ever see is copy and pasted replies. Where is the customer support. I am beyond disappointed.

I would very much appreciate a real reply. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @QuadCitiesIL!

We want to investigate this issue you had with the Roku indoor. Please check your inbox since we sent you a private message here in the Roku Community.

We look forward to hearing from you soon and gathering details.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dwk315

I just found this page looking for answers as to why my whole system went to **bleep** with that last update. If you are unaware the last firmware update from the end of July really nerfed a lot of people's systems. Notifications are iffy, camera screens lag and crash. Been a real POS.

From what I see as I did buy two more units is that out of the box they are running firmware 3.0.6 and my older ones are upgraded to 6.0.0.

So whatever 6.0.0 changed sucks.

Actually I found this page while looking for a hack to roll back the firmware to something else lol.

Verheyc

Re: ROKU - Please restore the app/cameras to before the last update

Agree! It’s horrible! And now you can’t even hardly hear when talking through them and can’t hardly hear when others talk to you, very staticky

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.