Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
go9

Not able to connect to remote camera. Just getting a red circle going around and around.

What should I do to connect the camera? Does that mean I'm not connected to the internet?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Not able to connect to remote camera. Just getting a red circle going around and around.

Hi @go9,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for notifying us that your Roku camera is currently stuck in a red circle loading state. We'd be more than happy to find you the best course of action regarding your issue.

The appearance of a red circle in your Roku Smart Home app when accessing the Roku camera indicates that there may be an issue with the internet connection of your Roku camera. To better assist you with this, could you please tell us the following details:

• What model of Roku camera you are having an issue with?
  • How far is your modem from your Roku camera?
  • Are you getting an error code or error message?
  • What is the network frequency of your internet service? EX. 5GHz or 2.4GHz

In the meantime, we suggest that you try these troubleshooting steps to help you resolve issues with your Roku camera.

1. Restart your modem for 10 seconds by unplugging it from the power outlet
  2. Unplug the USB cable from the back of your camera
  3. Wait 10 seconds
  4. Plug the USB cable back into the power input port on your camera

For reference, you can visit our support article: How to fix Roku Smart Home device offline issues

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
olddog1
Roku Guru

Re: Not able to connect to remote camera. Just getting a red circle going around and around.

In my case net connection is fine it's your  garbage soft ware  causing the issue  now 10 days later you claim it's the firm ware  Tired of all the lies and poor service I will se you sons of female dogs put out of the business of selling security cameras or any other kind of home monitoring system You messed with the wrong person

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.