Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glwoods
Channel Surfer

I'm not able to view events from outdoor camera on my smart phone.

The Roku smart home camera ap on my phone, is not recording events from the outdoor camera, shoultn'd it be able to?

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I'm not able to view events from outdoor camera on my smart phone.

Do you mean you're not getting notifications of events or you're getting the notifications, but there's no video?  Do you have a subscription?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
glwoods
Channel Surfer

I have a subscription, I am not getting notifications of events, nor do I see the option "events" to click on on the screen, like there is on the tv for the camera. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
glwoods
Channel Surfer

I've tried ever setting on the smarthome mobile app, and tried deleting and reinstalling the app, still not recording events, I have a supscription, so why am I not able to acess the cloud on the app??

Sher48818

I am having the exact same issue. I have a subscription as well. I am so disappointed in Roku cameras. It’s the worst. 

Pjka

what’s the solution

Pjka

The minute I started the subscription is when the events stopped. The last one said 0 minutes and nothing recorded after that. It said recording to the cloud failed and to check network settings. I never changed anything so what happened?

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Pjka,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Roku Smart Home app since it will not record. We're happy to help. Please follow these steps:

1. Confirm the Roku Smart Home app and outdoor camera firmware are up-to-date.
  2. Confirm that Detects Motion and Detects Sound are turned on in the Events Recording setting.
    • Live Stream > Settings > Event Recording
  3. Confirm that there are no event recording schedules.
    • Live Stream > Settings > Event Recording > Schedule > All Day should be toggled ON.
  4. Turn the detection sensitivity to 100.
    • Live Stream > Settings > Detection Zone
    • If the user begins to receive too many notifications, they can lower the sensitivity 5–10 notches at a time until they receive the desired amount of events or notifications.
  5. Confirm if there aren’t any scheduled Rules that might affect when Event Recordings take place.
    • Tap the [...] at the top of the Roku Smart Home app.
    • Tap Edit Rules.
    • It should bring up a list of any rules that the user has created.

If the problem still persists, try to remove and add the Roku Smart Home app again.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
slakeman

I am having exact issues with event monitoring from my outdoor-floodlight camera. I can see the live events but unless I am actually watching, do not see anything. I do get notification but nothing stores for review.  My front doorbell/camera is working like it should except I do get error code 6 quite a bit. But normally can review later and see the video.  I have tried all of the recommended settings and reinstalled the app, restarted the device. 

I am a subscriber but have not had the experience the site said. "Roku Smart Home Subscription, you can see even more of what's happening and even look back in the past with secure cloud storage. Your camera or doorbell will start recording the moment it detects motion or sound and store recordings in the cloud for you to accuss up to 14 days later."

I can't get it to store event to 5 minutes or current.  I have also chatted for about an hour with a rep.  I am getting frustrated with the whole thing.  I had planned on putting other cameras out but may not do the Roku unless I can get this resolved.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @slakeman @olddog1,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku floodlight camera SE. Help is here. We have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to you.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos