Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Icelyndale
Reel Rookie

"QR code incorrect" during doorbell camera setup

Got a new ISP and changed wifi settings. Deleted my Roku doorbell on the app and tried to reinstall. It scans the QR code then tries to connect for 5 minutes. I don't remember the first time it setup that it took so long. After 5 ish minutes I hear "QR code incorrect" then "Ready to connect" every 10 seconds. I can NOT figure out what the QR code incorrect means; have searched the internet high and low. I'm wondering if my problem is this:

Recently installed a wifi extender for my dual band router. As instructed I am connecting the doorbell only to the 2.4g. On the router--this has a password, same as for the 5g. On the extender it has no password. On the Roku install when it says to select my network, I *have* to input a password for the 2.4g network to be able to hit "next." If I try to leave the password blank, nothing happens when I hit next. When I input the password it gives me the results as first paragraph. Just QR code incorrect. It won't even let me select the original networks that aren't the extensions. Please help!!! 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: "QR code incorrect" during doorbell camera setup

Hi @Icelyndale,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Roku doorbell camera. We're happy to help. Is there direct sunlight on the doorbell when setting it up? If there is, you may need to shade the area and phone while setting up, as that may be causing it to detect it incorrectly.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Icelyndale
Reel Rookie

Hi John,

Thank you for your advice. I performed all the steps with the same results. The one thing is I could never get my status light to be solid yellow. It just starts flashing yellow and says "ready to connect." I'm sure there is some problem with it connecting to my wifi but I can't divine what that is. I don't know who to talk to about it. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Icelyndale,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

You seem to have done plenty of fantastic troubleshooting at this point. We have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to you.

If there is anything else we can do to help you, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BobF2

I am also getting QR code is incorrect. I have a wired Roku doorbell that was working fine until it started flashing yellow.  I could not reconnect to Wi-Fi!  Help… 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @BobF2,

A warm welcome from the Roku Community!

We are sorry to hear about the issue you reported and want to let you know that this is not the normal experience we expect from our products. We will get your issue resolved positively.

We recommend performing some troubleshooting steps:

1. Confirm that your Roku Smart Home app version is up to date.

2. Power cycle the doorbell.

• Flip the breaker switch that is powering the doorbell to the “OFF” position, wait 10 full seconds, and flip the breaker switch back to the “ON” position.

3. Is there direct sunlight in the doorbell when setting up? If there is they may need to shade the area and phone while setting up as that may be causing it to detect incorrectly. 

4. Factory reset doorbell.

• Press in on the doorbell while also pushing it up to remove it from the backplate. This exposes the back wiring and setup button.
  • Press and hold the setup button until the status light turns solid yellow.
  • Once the light turns solid yellow, release the setup button and wait for the light to begin flashing again.
  • From there, set the doorbell up again as if it were a new device.

Please keep us posted on what you find out and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Aircon618

I am also having the doorbell say qr code incorrect. I have power cycled the doorbell. Completely removed it from the wiring. I have factory reset. I am connecting to a 2.4 wifi. I stand in front of the doorbell while showing it the qr code. Cannot get the doorbell to connect. I also installed 4 floodlight cameras. I have 1 out of the 4 floodlight cameras I cannot get to connect. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Aircon618,

Thanks for getting in touch and for making your first post here in the Roku Community.

We'll have reinforcement coming from our support team for further assistance. Please keep an eye on your email address, as they will be reaching you from there.

Simply get back to us and let us know how things turned out.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.