Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KySkies1965
Channel Surfer

How To Change Time Zone Within The Roku Indoor Camera SE

The continuous video files being saved to the Micro SD Card have the wrong Time Zone stamps. I live on the East Coast not the West Coast.  How do I change the Time Zone in the Roku Indoor Camera SE?  

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How To Change Time Zone Within The Roku Indoor Camera SE

Hi @KySkies1965,

Thanks for the inquiry, and welcome to the Roku Community!

Let's see if this works for you. Follow the guided steps below.

• Access your Smart Home app and select Indoor Camera SE.
  • On the top left corner, you'll be able to see the Settings icon. Select that.
  • After that, navigate to Advanced Settings, and right below you'll be able to see the "Sync time" option. Then click Sync.

Keep us posted if this helps you. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KySkies1965
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. This did not work. The date and time stamp when viewing the video is accurate. The saved video file in the Record Folder is off by 4 hours. Navigating hundreds of video files each being 4 hours off makes it very difficult determining which file I want to view.

I believe the saved video files are generated by the Roku Indoor Camera itself and not by the Roku Home App. There must be a way to set the time zone in the camera.

0 Kudos
kgrotz
Reel Rookie

Yes, I have the same problem. Please advise how to set the correct time.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @KySkies1965 @kgrotz.

Please be advised that prior to syncing your preferred time zone on your Roku Smart Home app, the previous videos saved on your Record Folder can't be edited and will have the same time as before. Moving forward, after you've synced your Time Zone, the new videos saved to your Record Folder can now be synced to your selected Time Zone. 

If you have further queries, kindly reply to this thread. Thanks!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KySkies1965
Channel Surfer

Not sure your understanding the real issue. The syncing preferred time zone was done before recording and saving video files to the Record Folder. The video file named 00, 01, 02, 03 etc....are correct, However, what is not correct is the actual "Time Stamp" in the detail files. My folder show's the details of each file, not just the file name only. 

Sure, I can choose to show only the file names in the folder, but the option to choose to show the details makes it mush easier to navigate hundreds of video files generated in an 8hr period.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.