Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Firmware won’t update outdoor wired cam

Jump to solution

@Djburke89

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mommajacque
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny. I have tried this but the camera won’t update. Does it have to have an SD card in it to update or something?

0 Kudos
Djburke89
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

ok. I contacted Roku support and talked With someone who had me factory reset the camera and uninstall it and restart the app. None of this worked so they transferred me to a technician. That didn’t work. End result they are sending me a new camera as they think this is the problem

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mommajacque 

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GmP2

Jump to solution

Same here , new indoor camera has been trying to update all night

0 Kudos
Kwallie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah I got the 360 indoor and same thing it will not update. Roku is trash and all their devices are too!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@GmP2 @Kwallie

Thanks for the posts.

When trying to update the firmware on your Roku Smart Home cameras, please make sure the cameras are close to your wireless router.

If you are still experiencing an issue, please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lexlex707

Jump to solution

My Roku outdoor camera SE will not update . The devices are connected and next to each other and sitting next to the router. I tried everything but the “firmware” will not update on my camera. Everytime I try to skip past the update it just pops up again so I can even use my camera. If you or anyone has found out what to do in order to get it to update please let me know. I’m already very annoyed .

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Lexlex707

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Claudia3

Jump to solution

one of my 3 indoor cameras wouldn’t update and now says is offline. What happen? The other cameras work!?!

0 Kudos