Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Firmware won’t update outdoor wired cam

Jump to solution

@Claudia3

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are experiencing? What exactly is happening when this issue occurs? How far is the camera from your wireless router?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Barnes2407

Re: Framware won’t update outdoor wired cam

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, I’ve had the camera almost 2 months and still can’t get it to do the firmware update and I can’t reach anyone from Roku so I guess I’ve lost my money so I’m going with another brand now.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Barnes2407

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? Did you try moving the Roku Smart Home Camera closer to your wireless router?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Palomino96
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Screenshot_20230222_004833_Smart Home.jpg

Screenshot_20230222_010340_Smart Home.jpg

I am trying to update my firmware and getting the pictured error message.  I've retried multiple times.  Yes it's near the base and router. I just installed an outdoor wireless Roku camera and the firmware updated with no issues.  I submitted a log and it's pictured above as well.  I've tried Uninstalling the camera, Roku app, reset ti factory settings as well.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Palomino96 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

It looks like you've done a great deal of troubleshooting already with your Roku Smart Home device. I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BeryBarrera
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue but with my indoor wired camera and my 360 also

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @BeryBarrera

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting in regards to your Roku Smart Home OutDoor Cameras not updating.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing when trying to update? When trying to setup you Roku Smart Home Cameras, how far are you from your wireless router? Have you tried moving closer to the router to see if the issue persists?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BeryBarrera
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Both cameras the 360 and indoor are about 4 ft away from my router so I don’t think it has anything to do with the distance from it. This has been a persistent problem with my wired indoor camera so I bought the 360 but I’m having the same issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @BeryBarrera 

Thanks for the follow up regarding your firmware not updating on your Roku Smart Home Outdoor Camera.

It seems like you've done quite a lot of troubleshooting, so I've passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Amiwithani

Jump to solution

I bought 2 indoor cameras before leaving to go on a camping trip and one was perfect and so easy to set up and the other one I am still having trouble with. It never logs in where I can see and view the camera their is a donut spending trying 3 × to log in to it. The update wouldn't work either just like everyone is saying. I don't get it either because the other one was so easy.

0 Kudos