Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poydum3
Binge Watcher

Error code 90 issue, I have to power cycle every camera

Jump to solution

The age of the thread let's you know that IT STILL NEEDS FIXED. Error code 90 issue Every. Single. Day. And it seems no attempt from Roku to rectify this situation. Every morning before I leave for work I have to power cycle every camera and hope they'll make it through most of the day till I get home. Stop writing it off and FIX IT.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Error code 90 issue, I have to power cycle every camera

Jump to solution

Hello! @hurpmcderp,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're happy to help you with the error code 90 on your Roku Camera.

Simple steps to try:

1. Check that the device is powered on
  2. Ensure all cables are securely attached
  3. Restart the device
  4. Update/restart the Smart Home app

For more detailed information on how to fix the error code 90 please visit our support article link here: How to fix Roku Smart Home device offline issues

Please keep us updated on any new developments so we can continue to assist you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why would you lock down an old thread

Jump to solution

Hi, @Poydum3

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand the trouble you've experienced with your Roku Smart Home device, and we'd be more than willing to assist. For this instance, troubleshooting will resolve this issue. Kindly follow the guided steps and information from this support article How to fix Roku Smart Home device offline issues.

If the issue persists despite the efforts to troubleshoot the issue, please keep us posted and we'll take the necessary actions to address this.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Poydum3
Binge Watcher

Re: Why would you lock down an old thread

Jump to solution

I've been dealing with these for over a year. You should look at the old thread. I'm not sure why it was locked down. You guys stopped replying to it so you could call it old I guess. I just read through the whole troubleshooting guide that you linked again, to see if anything has changed or is different. None of that works. The only thing that works is power cycling every day and hoping they make it through the day while I'm at work. Maybe 1 or 2 will still be working when I get home. House is ran on fiber. Router is in center of house. All devices are on current firmware version. All devices have at least 2 bars signal. Distance from router doesn't matter. One camera is 15' away in direct eye shot of router. I power cycled All cameras before I left for work an hour and 20 minutes ago, I already have error code 90 on 2 of them. Just tried to restart both in the app. Doesn't work, says "failed" because it can't connect to them. Just force closed the app, didn't help. Just tried to restart both in app again, still says "failed". Not sure what more you guys want me to do here, to see that there's an issue that needs resolved.

hurpmcderp

Jump to solution

Same exact problem. I'm just getting rid of this stupid thing

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @hurpmcderp,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We're happy to help you with the error code 90 on your Roku Camera.

Simple steps to try:

1. Check that the device is powered on
  2. Ensure all cables are securely attached
  3. Restart the device
  4. Update/restart the Smart Home app

For more detailed information on how to fix the error code 90 please visit our support article link here: How to fix Roku Smart Home device offline issues

Please keep us updated on any new developments so we can continue to assist you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.