Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabby480
Binge Watcher

Don’t want Two step verification

Jump to solution

Why all of a sudden am I being forced to use two step verification when I don’t want it on my wireless camera? I want to just be able to look at my camera like I use too. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Don’t want Two step verification

Jump to solution

@Gabby480 wrote:

I did the two step verification and the code is not being sent to me. So I can’t use my camera at all now. 

Gotcha, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try, and if that doesn't work, we'll get you in contact with customer support.

Ensure you've entered your correct phone number. You can use the menu item to "Turn off Two-factor authentication," and sign out. Once you sign in again, and uncheck "Turn off two-factor authentication," you should be prompted to enter your phone number again. Make sure you're not putting a 1 in front of the number (just your 10-digit phone number).

If that doesn't work, reach out to customer support directly.

If this works for you, let us know, as we're keeping an eye on these requests. 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Gabby480 wrote:

Why all of a sudden am I being forced to use two step verification when I don’t want it on my wireless camera? I want to just be able to look at my camera like I use too. 

Hi @Gabby480! Once you authenticate 2FA on your device, you won't need to authenticate each time, just the first time. Do not use the menu item to turn off 2FA, as it will prompt you to authenticate your 2FA upon your next login. We realize the menu item needs an update and will change it in the next release. For now, once you authenticate one time, you should not be prompted again. Please let us know if this isn't the case for you and we'll look into it.  

Happy Streaming!

0 Kudos
Gabby480
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I did the two step verification and the code is not being sent to me. So I can’t use my camera at all now. 

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Gabby480 wrote:

Gotcha, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try, and if that doesn't work, we'll get you in contact with customer support.

Ensure you've entered your correct phone number. You can use the menu item to "Turn off Two-factor authentication," and sign out. Once you sign in again, and uncheck "Turn off two-factor authentication," you should be prompted to enter your phone number again. Make sure you're not putting a 1 in front of the number (just your 10-digit phone number).

If that doesn't work, reach out to customer support directly.

If this works for you, let us know, as we're keeping an eye on these requests. 

Happy Streaming!

Lentpm74

Jump to solution

Can you just give me the option to turn 2fa off my account. This is awful. My wife and I both can no longer control our lights… if I enter a room and want to turn a light on I have to wait for the text that only comes half the time? There’s no option to disable this? You should fire whoever decided this was a thing. Who wants this and who needs the security on their light controls… at least let me turn this off. You have made this product unusable for my use case. 

Dstew

Jump to solution

But what some may be asking like me is - WE DON'T WANT to do this. We don't want to be forced to do it - even the first time. And moreover, you can't turn off two-step authentication without two-step authentication being performed. Y'all have blocked us out from even logging in without doing it first. We don't want to do it first, we don't wanna do it ever. Who thought of this slow death. Deleting the camera and deleting my account. Thanks Roku,

chicklet

Jump to solution

This is a horrible marketing decision, but you did it anyway. Now everyone in my family hates Roku. It's a good thing we only bought 3 items, I'll be putting them in the trash. 

So your child wants to see the camera, they have to call me at work and I have to get a code sent to my phone? Idiotic. 

Or is this a Roku plot to get all of our phone numbers? In either case, we are disconnected now. Bye bye!

0 Kudos
chicklet

Jump to solution

DStew- Totally agree! 

Why does the company that sold me a light switch and camera now need my phone number? Who will they sell it to? I refuse to even play this game, into the trash with Roku. 

0 Kudos
MisterRaul

Jump to solution

The solution doesn’t work. Now we are completely locked out of our account. If you attempt to delete it, then it has nowhere to send the reset code.

0 Kudos