Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wunderdawg
Reel Rookie

Does doorbell ring on multiple TVs?

Jump to solution

We are considering a Roku Doorbell DS1000R. We have multiple Roku TVs that may be on at one time.

1) When someone rings the doorbell, do all active TVs get the alert and video?  Or is limited to one specified device?

2) I have a wired doorbell chime. Can I leave that connected or do I have to disconnect and bridge the wires as shown in one of your videos.  

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Does doorbell ring on multiple TVs?

Jump to solution

Greetings @Wunderdawg 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding setting up your Roku Smart Home Doorbell.

To answer your inquiries, the Roku Smart Home Doorbell will be able to send out an alert to all of your connected devices. This capability can be managed online through my.roku.com. In regards to the chime, you will have to disconnect the existing chime by following the instructions provided. This will ensure everything connects correctly and that there is proper power and no interference.

We hope this provides clarification. Should you have another inquiry in the future, please don't hesitate in posting again in the Roku Community.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @Wunderdawg 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding setting up your Roku Smart Home Doorbell.

To answer your inquiries, the Roku Smart Home Doorbell will be able to send out an alert to all of your connected devices. This capability can be managed online through my.roku.com. In regards to the chime, you will have to disconnect the existing chime by following the instructions provided. This will ensure everything connects correctly and that there is proper power and no interference.

We hope this provides clarification. Should you have another inquiry in the future, please don't hesitate in posting again in the Roku Community.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wunderdawg
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Excellent, thank you.
Your response helped point me to the portal at my.Roku.com where I was delighted to see that I can pick and choose the specific devices that get alerts. 😁.  
Regarding disconnection of our hard wired chime:  If I understand correctly, the included speaker sounds when no TVs are turned on, effectively replacing that gap.

May I suggest that both topics be addressed in marketing content posted at retail sites. I also greatly appreciate when manufacturers include links to full product installation documentation, so I can anticipate that effort.  
thanks again. 

0 Kudos