Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karinab

Connect my live feed from cameras to my tv. How would I do this not on a roku tv.

Hi how do i set up a live feed of all my cameras and door bells onto my tv if it is not a roku tv.

And how do I set it up with my tvs that do have roku

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Connect my live feed from cameras to my tv. How would I do this not on a roku tv.

Hi @karinab

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you wanted to know how to set up a live stream on your TV. We're happy to help. The Roku Cameras channel lets you view a live stream on your TV from all your Roku Smart Home cameras and your video doorbell. A Roku streaming player or Roku TV™ running Roku OS 11.0 will add the channel automatically after you install your first camera or doorbell, but for the optimal experience, Roku OS 11.5 or higher is recommended. Your streaming devices check for a software update every 24 to 36 hours, or you can manually check for an update if necessary.

• Note: To use this feature, your Roku Smart Home camera, doorbell, and TV must be added to or used with the same Roku account.

To view a live stream on any of the Roku streaming devices linked to your Roku account, your camera or doorbell must be powered on and connected to the internet.

1. Switch the input on your TV to your Roku streaming device.
  2. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  3. Press OK or move to the right to access your channel list.
  4. Highlight the Roku Cameras channel and press OK.
  5. Select a camera or doorbell to view the live stream.

You can switch between live streams by pressing up or down on your remote when you are in the channel. You need to use the Roku Smart Home mobile app to speak to visitors or access most settings.

You can also check out this link: How to view a live video stream from your Roku Smart Home camera or video doorbell.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Connect my live feed from cameras to my tv. How would I do this not on a roku tv.

Connect my life seed from my cameras to my TV even if it is not a Roku TV

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Delanyasmith74, do you have Roku cameras?  If so, you'll need a Roku TV or a Roku device connected to your TV to view the live feed.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos