Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdoling
Reel Rookie

Switch from Wyze to Roku without purchasing new devices

Jump to solution

I already have many Wyze devices and would like to switch to Roku.  Will that be possible without buying new devices?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Switch from Wyze to Roku without purchasing new devices

Jump to solution

@jdoling 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Wyze devices cannot be controlled by the Roku app, therefore you would need to purchase Roku Smart Home devices if you want to integrate them with your Roku players.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jdoling 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Wyze devices cannot be controlled by the Roku app, therefore you would need to purchase Roku Smart Home devices if you want to integrate them with your Roku players.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

That is the most disappointing answer to hear. I however know a small group that will have this figured out and reworked very soon. I'll send screen shots; I almost have one done already.

Djbaril

Jump to solution

When it is figured out can you share please? Thanks 

jdoling
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I guess they do not want any more customers...  Oh well.  Staying with Wyze.

tlwitter

Jump to solution

Please share

Highmark
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Another reason to not use Roku.   I already own 8 wyze cams and you think people are going to pay to replace them with the exact same camera with roku name on it and their firmware so I can watch it on roku?  I can use google chromecast or an Amazon firestick to stream existing wyze cams onto my tv now...  they also allow me to stream their own proprietary ring or nest cams if I like.   By isolating your market like this to your own branded product that is just a wyze cam with your name on it you are alienating customers....  

Don't get me wrong, I like my roku for streaming movies and video's but decisions like this make it easy for so many people to avoid making Roku the center of their smart home environment.  

Highmark
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Even if someone comes up with a way to flash existing wyze cams firmware to work with roku, I am not doing it.  I reject this proprietary  business model and wont' participate.  Very disappointing indeed.

Stfu

Jump to solution

That royally sucks. SAME camera, but weaselly proprietary firmware. Tell the marketing majors who thought that was a slick idea to pound sand. You lost this customer. Too cute by half. Morons. 

Joehoov

Jump to solution

I’m right there with ya!  Complete pile of BS.  It is the same devices. I have invested in Wyze- 6 cameras, doorbell, vacuum, 2 thermostats, security system with door and window sensors, 2 door locks. No way I’m switching to Roku only devices which are identical just to get it on my tv.  I was super excited that there might be a chance, but nope!  Maybe I will be switching to Google TV devices and Google home app. Will be cheaper!