Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone hack into my camera system and edit video

Jump to solution

I feel like my cameras are hacked!!! I AM CONSTANTLY getting signed out of my account, they are always saying there's people in a room and my dogs start barking insanely at that moment....idk the cameras pick up strange sounds of booms and bangs etc.....maybe too many spooky stories for this girl! But my cameras are also ALWAYS going offline at the most inconvenience times!! Only specific ones....I am beyond creeped out! Can someone control what I see and don't see on my camera?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can someone hack into my camera system and edit video

Jump to solution

Hi @JSANDERS852020,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We get that you are concerned about your security at home. We would be more than willing to provide you with further details when using the Roku Smart Home app and devices.

No one will be able to access your Roku Smart Home app and cameras as long as you do not share the login credentials of your Roku account. Also, if someone attempts to access your Roku Smart Home app, you will receive a two-step verification code to your phone number or email address.

This means that if you do not give the code or the one-time password (OTP) to the person who tried to log in with your credentials, they will not be able to access your account successfully. To prevent this problem from occurring, we strongly recommend that you update both your Roku account password and the password for the email address associated with your Roku account.

Please refer to these Roku Support articles: How to change your password or email for your Roku account | How to enable two-factor verification on the Roku Smart Home app

We hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can someone hack into my camera system and edit video

Jump to solution

Hi @JSANDERS852020,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We get that you are concerned about your security at home. We would be more than willing to provide you with further details when using the Roku Smart Home app and devices.

No one will be able to access your Roku Smart Home app and cameras as long as you do not share the login credentials of your Roku account. Also, if someone attempts to access your Roku Smart Home app, you will receive a two-step verification code to your phone number or email address.

This means that if you do not give the code or the one-time password (OTP) to the person who tried to log in with your credentials, they will not be able to access your account successfully. To prevent this problem from occurring, we strongly recommend that you update both your Roku account password and the password for the email address associated with your Roku account.

Please refer to these Roku Support articles: How to change your password or email for your Roku account | How to enable two-factor verification on the Roku Smart Home app

We hope you find this information helpful.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.