Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G_R_
Reel Rookie

Can not get my New Wireless Outdoor Camera to record events

Jump to solution

I have just purchased a wireless Roku Outdoor camera and hub, and purchased an additional wireless camera.  I already have several indoor and outdoor wired cameras already.  Upon adding these, I am unable to get event recordings from these two wireless cameras.  It will send me a notification but it is only a still image which is no help.  When I go into the app and go to set up this ability under the "Event Recordings" and then select "Smart Detection Events" I get a"Failedenternalservice Error" and it just shows it is constantly loading.  Failedinternalservice Error Screenshot 
The app then freezes at this point and I have to completely close the app to get back into it.  I pay for the camera plus the home monitoring service on an annual subscription, so I do also have the home monitoring hub and sensors on this account.  When I go into my event detection settings for the wired cameras, I also no longer see any kind of options for turning off and on specific notification types anymore, ie Person, Vehicle, etc.  I did logout of the app and back in, the app is updated, firmware is up to date. How can these issues be fixed?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can not get my New Wireless Outdoor Camera to record events

Jump to solution

Hi, @G_R_.

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're encountering an error message while trying to access the event recording of your Roku Smart Cameras. We believe the issue is now resolved.

However, if you’re still experiencing problems, let’s try a few troubleshooting steps:

1. Uninstall and Reinstall the App: This can help clear any temporary issues with the app.
  2. Re-set Up the Outdoor Camera: This may resolve any configuration issues affecting the camera’s functionality.
  3. Perform a Manual Update:
  • Ensure the smart home device is powered on and connected, and avoid restarting it during the update.
  • Select the device from the Home screen in the smart home app.
  • Tap Settings in the top corner.
  • Tap Device info.
  • Tap the Firmware version to check for updates.
  • If an update is available, tap Update. The device will automatically restart once the update is complete.

Please let us know if the issue persists after trying these steps, and we’ll be happy to assist you further.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
G_R_
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had done this multiple times now, even with your chat support, there was no resolution to this so my solution was to return the cameras back to the store.  Very disappointing as I really loved my other cameras, but these are a problem.  Would not recommend the wireless cameras to anyone, but the wired ones work great!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @G_R_.

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're encountering an error message while trying to access the event recording of your Roku Smart Cameras. We believe the issue is now resolved.

However, if you’re still experiencing problems, let’s try a few troubleshooting steps:

1. Uninstall and Reinstall the App: This can help clear any temporary issues with the app.
  2. Re-set Up the Outdoor Camera: This may resolve any configuration issues affecting the camera’s functionality.
  3. Perform a Manual Update:
  • Ensure the smart home device is powered on and connected, and avoid restarting it during the update.
  • Select the device from the Home screen in the smart home app.
  • Tap Settings in the top corner.
  • Tap Device info.
  • Tap the Firmware version to check for updates.
  • If an update is available, tap Update. The device will automatically restart once the update is complete.

Please let us know if the issue persists after trying these steps, and we’ll be happy to assist you further.

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
G_R_
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had done this multiple times now, even with your chat support, there was no resolution to this so my solution was to return the cameras back to the store.  Very disappointing as I really loved my other cameras, but these are a problem.  Would not recommend the wireless cameras to anyone, but the wired ones work great!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.